Undergrad. GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WarpDinosaur

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm in my Junior Year in undergrad. and so far my GPA is only 3.341, I may have about 1-1.5 years left to graduate. Do you think it's possible to bring up my GPA to 3.5 or above? What do you think is the highest amount I can bring it up to? Tell me if there's any more info. I may need to provide. Any feedback would be appreciated :).

It's really not that hard to calculate if you could get a 3.5 cGPA. We can't do it for you because we don't know how many credits you have completed.

Hi everyone,

I'm in my Junior Year in undergrad. and so far my GPA is only 3.341, I may have about 1-1.5 years left to graduate. Do you think it's possible to bring up my GPA to 3.5 or above? What do you think is the highest amount I can bring it up to? Tell me if there's any more info. I may need to provide. Any feedback would be appreciated :).
If you have a 3.341 now, you could possibly raise your gpa to 3.5 with one solid semester of 18+ credits & straight A's. (Depending on how your school calculates GPA - mine is 4.0 A, 3.0 B so with those calculations is how I figured it out). Does your school have a GPA calculator?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

3.341 ---> 3.500 isn't an insurmountable goal. Have you tried a GPA calculator to qualitatively look at what it'd take to get to your target? That might help you get a goal set and aid in reaching it.

quick math, assuming that you've completed 75% of college

3.5x4 - 3.34x3 = 3.98

Thanks. I believe I have 105 units done. I've never ran across a GPA calculator in my school. The reason I asked is because my GPA barely rises even if I get an A.

There are GPA calculators online. They allow you to type in your grades and the credit hours. It is fairly simple to calculate your gpa. If you know your current quality point earned vs the total, that is your gpa.

Here's a site.

http://www.college-scholarships.com/online_college_gpa_calculator.htm

I found this GPA calculator online:

http://www.back2college.com/raisegpa.htm

After entering all your stats, it looks like you will need to earn a 4.0 in the next 34 units you take (~8-10 classes). So just basically ace all your classes in the next 2 terms and you should have your 3.5 GPA.

This seems wrong.

What? Doing the math, i.e. 3.34 x 3 + 3.98 x 1 = 14 / 4 = 3.5. He's assuming you've done 75% of college, hence 3/4ths of the calculation being your 3.34, and with the remaining 4th, you need a 3.98 to get a 3.5. If I am completely off my rocker, let me know, 'cuz I'm not seeing it. And the poster two replies up says he'll basically need a 4.0 in his next two semesters... so.... Seems like Mr. 3.5 x 4 - 3.34 x 3 = 3.98 did fine. Admittedly, the structure of the equation is a bit misleading. ARGH WHY IS SDN STEALING MY PARAGRAPH BREAKS.

poster above me is right, but yeah probably should've clarified it a bit lol, OP says hes a junior, so i just assumed he finished 3 years so far, your average GPA of those 3 years is 3.34

now hes wants to get 3.5+ by the time he graduates, so to calculate what GPA he must maintain for the 4th year to get a 3.5, i do this

3.34*3 + X = 3.5*4
solve for X

did i just use algebra for real life problems for the first time?

poster above me is right, but yeah probably should've clarified it a bit lol, OP says hes a junior, so i just assumed he finished 3 years so far, your average GPA of those 3 years is 3.34

now hes wants to get 3.5+ by the time he graduates, so to calculate what GPA he must maintain for the 4th year to get a 3.5, i do this

3.34*3 + X = 3.5*4
solve for X

did i just use algebra for real life problems for the first time?

and you thought algebra would be useless... lol

Oh ok, I thought you were saying that that was the highest my GPA (3.98) would go (and got a bit excited there xD).