Undergrad+MSP..what else!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markthedent

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well iv been lurking this forum for some time, and seeing as all these MSP guys are emerging, i think its time i ask for some advice from the SDN world

My story:

1. I'm Canadian.
2. Undergrad GPA by year:
-1st) 2.5
-2nd)2.54
-3rd) 2.61
-4th)3.3

Wrote DAT: 20 AA, 20 PAT (pretty solid)

cGPA around 2.72
Applied to about 25 schools, rejected at all....

SO i did a MSP in the states, got a 3.65 GPA, applied this cycle and got 2 rejection so far, and the rest dont seem promising, i called and they werent too impressed.

So if all goes down and i dont get in, which seems to be the case, what do i do! Any advice?

Oh and to those Canadians asking if theyll get in with a 2.70 and what not, it's NOT EASY! Below 3.0 wont cut it these days!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest retaking your undergrad classes to bring up that GPA.

There is not a lot you can do with an SMP.... if you still want to go the DDS route, you will need to take more classes. Or you could always shoot for a different field in healthcare: pharmacy, optometry, podiatry, etc. They seem to be slightly more forgiving in the GPA category. Best of luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you guys think my chances will be at an interview this cycle? How about an acceptance this cycle?. BTW i applied 2 weeks ago.

What does MSP stand for? i know its masters in something right? how many schools did you apply to this year? and did you apply to any canadian schools?