max4good

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Did any of you need to refer back to your undergrad notes to supplement your classes at dental school? I'm preparing to move for dental school and I'm trying to go light as possible. I'd like to keep my notes but I'm willing to discard them if they're not of any help at dental school. Thanks!

dl9006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
Status
Dental Student
i brought my anatomy notes but never looked at them once.

the material we're learning now is more in-depth than what i learned in undergrad anatomy.

maybe the classes you took were more in-depth but i think you'll have enough to study just from the stuff they give you in class.

it's a good resource to have but imo you'll be busy studying the notes they give you.

Feb 17, 2010
Status
Dental Student
The material in dental school is simple. Studying consists of mindlessly memorizing thousands of powerpoint lecture slides for a single test. Textbooks or outside sources are not necessary.

Mar 2, 2010
Status
Dental Student
No you will certainly not need your notes. While in dental school, your apartment will be filled with powerpoint notes by the end of first semester.

However, what I do recommend to bring is your background science knowledge you gained in those undergrad courses.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Status
Academic Administration
Did any of you need to refer back to your undergrad notes to supplement your classes at dental school? I'm preparing to move for dental school and I'm trying to go light as possible. I'd like to keep my notes but I'm willing to discard them if they're not of any help at dental school. Thanks!
Useless. You'll get 1000's of bullet points the professor wants you to memorize. Chuck 'em!

IdahoDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2007
Status
Dental Student
The notes were useless but I have found my text books to be helpful.