undergrad Pre Dental Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nas1993

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be a Freshmen undergraduate student in CSU Fullerton and I wanted to know what classes I should take in my fall and spring semesters in order to be successful. As a freshmen student I was advised to take easiers classes so I wont be overwhelmed. What are some of the easier classes that can still partially help me with my future dental career?

Members don't see this ad.

Freshman yr semester 1
Gen Chem 1
Calc
Gen eds (English, psych, etc -- blow off classes)

Freshman yr semester 2
Gen Chem 2
Bio 1
Gen eds

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it make a difference if I take bio instead of chem in my first semester?

yeah it will. o chem will hold you back from your upper div bio classes

theres also the theory of taking classes off simester to get the easier teachers and an easier curve

Freshman fall
-Bio 1
-Chem 1
-Gen eds
-Whatever else

Freshman spring
-Bio2
-Chem 2
-Calc
-Whatever else

Generally you want to start the chemistry series early and in sequence. Your freshman year should consist of gen chem, and your sophomore year should consist of organic chem. You can squeeze in gen bio 1+2 during those semesters and afterwards you can focus on taking more bio classes.

show me a freshman that takes chem and bio together, and i'll show you a sophomore that quits the sciences altogether. no one said you have to finish your prereqs in x amount of time

I would advise to take bio + chem first year. Add calc+any easy gen ed (or intro psych course).

Its not gonna be "easy" so only take these classes if U have taken double sciences in high school & have "tested"yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk