CANgnome

5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Is there any sort of issues if you take undergrad prereqs in a master's program to adcom? Like, any redflags or them thinking: oh this person has already finished undergrads without eng/phys, it's august and he didn't sign up for any english and physics courses yet! Something along those lines?

Or is it all the same. I will be finishing my M.Sc. along with my english and physics 1 year requirements this coming fall/spring semester and am just wondering if it will be a barrier for admission. I am currently deciding whether to use the summer full time to do the DAT or DAT and EC in the first 2 months then classes next 2 months.

~thx.

qkchen

7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2009
Status
Dental Student
for some schools, you have until either the end of spring or summer semester to complete all prereqs prior to the matriculation in the fall. i don't know if it matters when you do the prereqs or not because think of the non-trads out there that come from non-biology majors who are taking prereqs long after their various undergrad degrees.

btw, how did they let you get away without taking physics in undergrad? i guess they take it easy on you in scarborough :p

CANgnome

5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
Status
Dental Student
:laugh:

well i took one semester of physics first year with lab and got a D (55%), thought i would repeat it and just go ahead and do a whole year, since it was both >5 years ago and that i am in a US school, so the transfer will be a bit iffy.

There is no english requirement so that's that. :idea:

qkchen

7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2009
Status
Dental Student
:laugh:

well i took one semester of physics first year with lab and got a D (55%), thought i would repeat it and just go ahead and do a whole year, since it was both >5 years ago and that i am in a US school, so the transfer will be a bit iffy.

There is no english requirement so that's that. :idea:
no english, you say... so they do take it easy on you there! i knew i should have gone to scarborough :D

so did i read correctly that you are doing yours masters in the us? if so, whereabouts

CANgnome

5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
Status
Dental Student
U of texas, San Antonio. So very different from Canada! way too hot~

i wish they were harder on us, so i wouldnt have to take undergrad courses in the US, so expensive!

qkchen

7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2009
Status
Dental Student
it's all good, you're killing it now so keep it up