Undergrad School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaiderNation

Recently Reinstated
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post your undergraduate university here. It doesn't matter whether you are in dental school, or a freshman in college.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I noticed in all my interviews A LOT of people from Utah...If people in Utah are so interested in dentistry, why doesnt Utah have a dental school???

By the way.......my undergrad was University of Toronto

Dominican University, IL

Originally posted by avingupta
I noticed in all my interviews A LOT of people from Utah...If people in Utah are so interested in dentistry, why doesnt Utah have a dental school???

1) Funding
2) The majority of applicants from Utah are accepted to dental school, so the state isn't concerned.

Grinnell College in the beautiful town of Grinnell, Iowa. Population 9,000.

Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey. How's that for a long name?

hehe, anyone at the pharmacy school is at the "Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy at Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey"

Middle Tennessee State University - bost bacc classes
University of Tennessee - Knoxivlle - BS Marketing

Indiana...former #1 party school in the nation.

Members don't see this ad :)
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hell, I mean Hill

Providence U - undergraduate
USC - graduate

university of wisconsin- madison!

UC Riverside and San Bernardino Valley College.

UC Berkeley.

University of Wisconsin - Madison

Colorado...Current #1 party school in the nation

No football jokes please

Florida State

University of Minnesota - Twin Cities

University of Wisconsin-Madison. Tufts in fall.

Dprice121,
Is there a website anywhere which lists the acceptance percentage (to one or more schools) per state? I am kinda curious to see what it is for my state (New Mexico). We do not have a dental school but I know NM has a compact with Creighton for tuition reimbursement and minor admission preference, and UM-Kansas City also accepts two NM residents per year (I assume at in-state tuition). I'm curious to see what other low cost options there are for a student with no state school.

Currently I'm a freshman at a small liberal arts school in California: http://www.thomasaquinas.edu . There are no electives so I'm going to take some predental courses at UNM or a community college this summer.

Cornell University

Cal State Fullerton, baby!

GO TITANS!!! :clap:

Sujain ;)

Boston University

I am far above Cayuga's Waters at....
CORNELL UNIVERSITY

Originally posted by bodiddely
Dprice121,
Is there a website anywhere which lists the acceptance percentage (to one or more schools) per state? I am kinda curious to see what it is for my state (New Mexico). We do not have a dental school but I know NM has a compact with Creighton for tuition reimbursement and minor admission preference, and UM-Kansas City also accepts two NM residents per year (I assume at in-state tuition). I'm curious to see what other low cost options there are for a student with no state school.

Currently I'm a freshman at a small liberal arts school in California: http://www.thomasaquinas.edu . There are no electives so I'm going to take some predental courses at UNM or a community college this summer.

There isn't a website that I know of, but each school in the state may have statistics. BYU's percentage of students accepted to dental school has been hovering right around 90% or better for the last few years: http://healthpro.byu.edu/predental.asp?section=8

Also, in the "Official Guide to Dental Schools" book, it will show you the number of matriculants from each state for each school, so you can see which schools accept or attract students from your state (of course the number listed is those who actually matriculated, so more from a particular state could have been accepted, but decided to attend somewhere else if that makes sense).

Applicants from Utah in general do quite well from what I've heard and seen. I believe that's one of the major reasons the State doesn't have a dental school--they don't need one. There's no lack of dentists in the state either--it's saturated with them.

Creighton also has a contract with the state of Utah (RDEP). They accept 10 each year. I was accepted to Creighton, but not as part of the contract, I'm a Washington state resident.

wow seems like BYU has a great percentage of students getting in. The strange thing from that site was that, out of 186 applicants only 6 were women.

University of Washington

home of the future 2004 NCAA Basketball CHAMPS!!

University of Washington

Quite an exciting game vs. Stanford this afternoon. :clap:

Hopefully the OP will be banned from SDN for good.

if you read this post, thanks for getting the stats page closed.

what a guy you are.

USF >>> South FLorida

Originally posted by Col Sanders
BYU

So, being that you're from LV but go/went to BYU, what do ya think about that game yesterday? All I can say is SAWEEEEET!!! Gotta love it when you're among only few BYU fans and your team pulls off the win. I drove 2.5 hours to see it, and it was worth it.

Originally posted by init4damoney
So, being that you're from LV but go/went to BYU, what do ya think about that game yesterday? All I can say is SAWEEEEET!!! Gotta love it when you're among only few BYU fans and your team pulls off the win. I drove 2.5 hours to see it, and it was worth it.

get a life:rolleyes: