Undergrad School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHANSAHAAB

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what role does the undergrad school play in the admission process. I went to a tough university in U of T (University of Toronto) and there was no grade inflation at all; it is/was really tough to A's and B's.

Members don't see this ad.

KHANSAHAAB said:
I'm wondering what role does the undergrad school play in the admission process. I went to a tough university in U of T (University of Toronto) and there was no grade inflation at all; it is/was really tough to A's and B's.

schools take it into account. but everyone seems to have the notion that their school is "harder" than most. A's are tough to come by at my school too and I just go to a lowly state school... in the south no less.

i don't know about the smaller schools, but the dental schools generally know about the reputation of larger schools. For example, i'm attending Cornell, and during both my Stony Brook and Columbia interviews, a key point of emphasis in both interviews was the fact that Cornell is an extremely competitive school, and having had the experience of going through an ultra-competitive environment prepares me well for dental schools. I think that definitely strenghtened my interviews and their overall impression of my credentials.