Undergraduate Debt...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaaMD

Caffeine Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone having to deal with a substantial undergraduate debt going into medical school. Was wondering how you plan to deal with it. Are you just going to add it on to the medical school debt. Thx.

Members don't see this ad.

RaaMD said:
Anyone having to deal with a substantial undergraduate debt going into medical school. Was wondering how you plan to deal with it. Are you just going to add it on to the medical school debt. Thx.

I personally have no undergrad debt but I imagine that is the best option to add it to medical school debt as it would be difficult to being paying on it during medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
CptCrunch said:
I'll be deferring payment through med school since I won't have any money during med school.
Right. My debt isn't really "substantial" thanks to scholarships, but I'll have a few thousand. It'll just be tacked onto the debt I incur during medical school.

is $20,000 substantial? yeah, I'll be deferring. it'll be a drop in the proverbial bucket by the time med school is over...

~ 15,000 here... adding it on...

wow, just checked AES, I have 35K in loans to pay off. I have been paying them off since I took the year off and am working, but I will just defer payments later and add it on to medschool debt.

~50 grand before med school. looks like i'll be living off of ramen and the dollar store for a very very long time.

MrMet31 said:
~50 grand before med school. looks like i'll be living off of ramen and the dollar store for a very very long time.

You can make pizzas really cheap too. You just have to make everything yourself, and buy all the stuff for it in bulk.

Defer and live frugally the next four years.

don't consider it "debt" - consider it "leverage": you get to buy a future for yourself that you could otherwise not afford, and if you become a successful doctor then your earnings will be a lot more than the debt you incurred. hopefully. margin is a double edged sword, after all...

Xypathos said:

he doesn't want to die in future wars of attrition! :eek:

about 50K here... damn

govikings10 said:
about 50K here... damn

I have a grand total of 0$ here. With about $100k with my name on it in the bank. Life's tough, what can I saw :sleep:

I had to........but really that debt must suck :thumbdown:

MrMet31 said:

LOL, this post was funny.