yankies90

5+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hi, I just registered to pharmD forum !
This is amazing forum that has a lot of usuful information; i was impressed.
I'm a freshman in college, and becoming a pharmacist was my long dream.
I'm planning to get into pharmacy school before I graduate my college.

I like to know which schools do accept undergraduate college student.

I know it is hard to get in as an undergraduate student, but I really want to be a pharmacist as soon as possible and I'm ready to puy my effort in it. So please help me with it :)

Nice to meet you all.

rxlea

Almost a unicorn
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
You will learn a lot about the process by visiting the stickies at the top of this forum. Also, please visit pharmcas.org because it has all the information you will need to know about applying through PharmCAS. You can also compare GPA and pre-requisite requirements there. Just know that some schools do not participate in PharmCAS so you will have to visit those schools' websites. If you have specific questions, please let us know, but I suggest starting there. Additionally, you can research topics that have been discussed in this forum before buy using the search function up there^^

Good luck :)

EtohResearcher

Accepted Pharmacy Student
Mar 30, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
a lot of schools accept undergrads, as long you meet the pre-pharm requirements..what area do u live in??? look up the pharmacy schools there and find out their requirements..all you have to do is make sure you can finish those courses is 2 yrs time and take the PCAT during your second year.. you have to remain focused and show your desire and ability to handle pharmacy school...good luck

weetzie00

5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
I know it is hard to get in as an undergraduate student, but I really want to be a pharmacist as soon as possible and I'm ready to puy my effort in it. So please help me with it :)
I thought that too before the whole application process. But then again, the only pharmacy students I knew were from Northeastern (which is a 0+6 program) and all they told me was how impossible it would be to transfer in. It's actually not hard to apply as an undergrad, in fact it's typical. You may be thinking of the schools that accept students straight from high school that only accept a very select number of students directly into the professional years of the program (like Northeastern). The majority of schools are just the traditional professional years of pharmacy school. All you have to do is take the required pre-requisites. Search the forum, you'll find tons of info on that. Good luck!

Last edited:

yankies90

5+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Thank you all for answering very quickly. I really appreciate :)