Undergraduate for pre-pharmacy

Started by Ando25
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ando25

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently going into soph year as a pre-pharmacy. I know there are programs where you can finish pre-pharmacy in two years. Should i transfer to a school that does this kind of program and which schools are they? Also, do the load of general education requirements vary among different schools? I feel like my school requires a lot of general ed classes that prevent me from graduating earlier.
 
I'm currently going into soph year as a pre-pharmacy. I know there are programs where you can finish pre-pharmacy in two years. Should i transfer to a school that does this kind of program and which schools are they? Also, do the load of general education requirements vary among different schools? I feel like my school requires a lot of general ed classes that prevent me from graduating earlier.

Pre-pharmacy is just where you take the requirements for pharmacy school. As long as you can take the prereqs at your school, you're fine. You don't have to enroll in a school with an "official" pre-pharmacy program. Most schools require a good number of general ed (or distribution) classes.