Undergraduate listing at vandy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

An Yong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not think that schools placed a lot of emphasis on where the prestigiousness of your undegraduate school. It seems I was wrong =P If you take a look at the listing of schools that vanderbilt accepted from, they seemed to have a great preference for the ivies =)

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe not. I see a lot of different schools represented, and you have to figure that there are a lot of confounding variables in that data, too. On the whole, students at Ivy League schools are more likely to present high MCAT scores than students at "lower ranked" schools - there is a well-studied correlation of SAT scores with MCAT scores. Plus, (most) Ivies have a bit more 'grade inflation' than many other schools. And who's to say that the Ivies don't generate or attract more premeds than other schools?

My point is, there's probably more to the story than just numbers. Maybe if you and some kid from Yale have identical stats, recs, etc. he gets in over you based on the strength of his school, but in general, if you're qualified, you'll get in.