undergraduate studies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

classysuit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently from Alberta and looking to find out a bit information about the Universities and what they have to offer. I have contacedt admissions departments to for a request of information and have sent emails to counsellors. I'm basically looking to see what's just out there and what some of the Universities that I have chose as my top 5 for admissions has to offer. If anyone has been a student,is an undergrad student at any of these schools,or any other universities in Canada,please feel free to comment on your experiences and what you enjoyed most about classes.

My top 5 undergrad U's are:

1. U OF A
2.U OF T
3.RYERSON
4.UBC
5.McMaster

Thanks for your input

Members don't see this ad.

I did my undergraduate degree at UBC. If you want to go into medicine, the thing you need to consider to maximize your chances are which provinces you can claim to be a resident of. Being from BC and going to UBC meant I was only able to apply in the in-province applicant pool at UBC. Since you are from Alberta, consider going to another province.

I can say that UBC Science (if you're considering science) is difficult and quite competitive, meaning you will have a harder time getting good grades. That being said, UBC is a well-known and reputed school in the United States, and AMCAS (american application system) will adjust your grades upwards. However, you really have to do very well in order to have a shot at other schools in Canada where you can't claim residency.

I see what your saying. Thanks for the input.