Undergraduate Summer Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangeANDgreen

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any good summer undergraduate research programs??
I want to get a head start on looking for these programs. Currently I am in a combined BS/MD program and will be a rising sophomore when I apply. I'm looking for something that runs about 8-10 weeks in the summer and provides a stipend. Any suggestions would be helpful, and any advice on how to get accepted would be appreciated! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know any good summer undergraduate research programs??
I want to get a head start on looking for these programs. Currently I am in a combined BS/MD program and will be a rising sophomore when I apply. I'm looking for something that runs about 8-10 weeks in the summer and provides a stipend. Any suggestions would be helpful, and any advice on how to get accepted would be appreciated! Thanks.

http://www.aamc.org/members/great/summerlinks.htm

try and get a little research experience at your home institution if possible. If you can't then be sure that you have good science grades and be able to write a personal statement the exudes excitement and fervor about research and basic science.

i've done two myself, I was at Albert Einstein last year and am at UW this year...most summer research programs provide stipends, some programs more than others...One particular type is the amgen scholars, they sponsor 10 programs at 10 institutions around the country..simple google search will help you find the website and what it is all about

what years of college did you do it?

and thanks for that information, i just want to get a head start on it all

I did one between my junior and senior year and this year between senior year and my 5th year...for 4 year students it would be before junior and senior year respectively..

you can pm me if you want more specific information...