Undergraduate Transcript for OMFS Externship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannaBeDentist

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was a bit surprised when I was looking at MGH's externship application. It lists undergraduate transcript as a requirement, at first I thought they meant out pre-doc dentistry transcript but that is listed as a separate requirement.

For those who've gone through the process, did you really need to send your undergrad transcript from College?! I only ask because I'm no where near home and from what I know my College used to always require us to request our transcript be sent out in person, and not over the phone.

It just seems like an odd request just for an externship

Members don't see this ad.

I am doing an externship at MGH right now and yes you do need to send in you undergrad transcript. It doesn't have to be official though so you should just be able to email a pdf or word document of it in.

I am doing an externship at MGH right now and yes you do need to send in you undergrad transcript. It doesn't have to be official though so you should just be able to email a pdf or word document of it in.

How do you like your externship @ MGH so far? I'm assuming you're taking calls with the residents? Do they allow much of hands on? I thought MGH actually sounded pretty well rounded but when I searched SDN I hardly found many people mention the program. I guess programs like LSU-NO and Parkland overshadow all

Members don't see this ad :)
yes please tell. these forums are scant with info on MGH externships

It was fun! It actually wasn't that hands on but VERY informative. During the whole time I was there I pulled one tooth... which is fine, I am not there to pull teeth, I was there to learn about the program. There are operations going on just about every day so there is plenty to see. I took call a couple nights while I was there, but it was a slow couple weeks in Boston so didn't see much on that front.
The program is VERY heavy on orthognathics which was pretty neat to see. The residents are very nice towards the externs and I felt like I was treated pretty well. Overall it was a great experience and will def rank it very high