Undergraduate Transfer Conflict

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmh1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have three choices to choose from for school, but the matter of pros/cons including my lack of family support(they refuse to even go on campus tours with me an hour away), so I feel like some advice as to which UG would be the more practical/most advantageous decision.

UG #1 - is two and a half hours away, public school. tuition is incredibly cheap(10k) and has a small student body, giving more room to stand out. the downside is that the academics are only so-so.

UG#2 - is three hours away, another public school, with just as nice tuition rates (12k). again, the academics are only so-so.

UG#3 - is one hour away, close to home. it's a private school and the tuition is 39k a year, though the school is known for being extremely generous in scholarship and financial aid for its students. it also has a pre-health board committee, the only school in my state with one. it has incredible feedback as a university.

i'm wondering if all the pros of the third, obviously top choice outweigh the pros of the much less expensive schools, given my lack of family support for education.

Members don't see this ad.

I have three choices to choose from for school, but the matter of pros/cons including my lack of family support(they refuse to even go on campus tours with me an hour away), so I feel like some advice as to which UG would be the more practical/most advantageous decision.

UG #1 - is two and a half hours away, public school. tuition is incredibly cheap(10k) and has a small student body, giving more room to stand out. the downside is that the academics are only so-so.

UG#2 - is three hours away, another public school, with just as nice tuition rates (12k). again, the academics are only so-so.

UG#3 - is one hour away, close to home. it's a private school and the tuition is 39k a year, though the school is known for being extremely generous in scholarship and financial aid for its students. it also has a pre-health board committee, the only school in my state with one. it has incredible feedback as a university.

i'm wondering if all the pros of the third, obviously top choice outweigh the pros of the much less expensive schools, given my lack of family support for education.
Assuming the third choice is not a true top school, well known nationally, only go there if they offer you a tuition aid and scholarship package that makes your total debt if you go there similar to what it would be if you went to one of the first two. :luck: