Underground Clinical Vignettes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

betz

Layer V
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone find these to be useful? I have read through some of the anatomy, and there are cases that arent covered in HY or FA. Just wondering if anyone thought that reading through any of these are good. I have the whole series, but dont want to waste my time. Are these cases really high yield? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Those books are over 4 years old. Plus, the boards are going away from "buzzwords" of each case. I think the way to do it is study the pathophysiology and clinical cases rolled up in one. A great example is USMLE Step 1 secrets. It gives clinical scenarios, and discusses the "whys" of each case. If you are really ambitious take a look at the Blueprints Pathophysiology series.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...8/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-9524587-3671817

They also give clinical cases with pathophysiology. You can "search inside" at the Amazon website to check out the book. Plus, the Blueprints series (7 of them I believe) have accompanying questions for each case to test your knowledge (something that Underground doesn't do).