UnderReview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaba

S.mutans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I was an applicant for the 2008 cycle and up until lately still had the "Under Review" status on AADSAS. Because I cannot access it anymore to check the status, and I have not heard back from them via email or snail mail, should I assume that I have been rejected? I did not receive an interview, but the odd thing is my friends that applied did receive rejection letters (they applied at the same time that I did in November--- i know its very late!!)...

In case it matters, it was Boston University.

What do I make of all this?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you have not interviewed yet, I would take it as a rejection. The only acceptances from this point on will be students who have interviewed and waiting patiently on the wait list.

I still have 4 schools that have not gotten back to me.

If you want to be certain, give the schools a call.

If you have not interviewed yet, I would take it as a rejection. The only acceptances from this point on will be students who have interviewed and waiting patiently on the wait list.

I still have 4 schools that have not gotten back to me.

If you want to be certain, give the schools a call.

At this point, it probably isn't good news if you haven't hear anything back from them. I am sorry. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
yaaa that is what I figure... however why was I not notified? I mean shouldn't I have heard something about a rejection?

yaaa that is what I figure... however why was I not notified? I mean shouldn't I have heard something about a rejection?

I would probably call BU if I were you - they really should have at least sent you a letter regarding your status!

I heard certain schools don't really "reject" anyone. They just make you wait until the end of the cycle, and that's pretty much it.

I heard certain schools don't really "reject" anyone. They just make you wait until the end of the cycle, and that's pretty much it.

That's harsh

I have the same problem with BU and UMDNJ. I actually called BU and asked them the status of my application and they said that they couldn't tell me over the phone. I asked them when will I hear from them and they said I have until the summer. Thats awful- what if someone was waiting for that school?:mad:

I have the same problem with BU and UMDNJ. I actually called BU and asked them the status of my application and they said that they couldn't tell me over the phone. I asked them when will I hear from them and they said I have until the summer. Thats awful- what if someone was waiting for that school?:mad:

Maybe there is some hope left :):)

last year,
i submitted my application on may 16th.
I got a rejection letter from BU around july sometime.
so i was like what the..
and i found out it was actually from the previous cycle..
BU is just very very very very very....sad..
i understand how frustrating this thing can be.
keep your head up however!

I have had a similar experience with BU and New Jersey. Last cycle I was waiting to hear from BU, and did not receive a rejection letter until the first week of August! Never heard anything through snail-mail or AADSAS with New Jersey, so I called. I was basically rejected over the phone. When I spoke to the addmissions department at BU, they said they actually review applicants right up until August, and they seemed to be more helpful. Hope that helps.

I'm not worried I will be attending NYUCD in august. I wanted to attend NYU, but what if I really wanted to go there? Do I have to turn down other schools hoping to get in during the summer? Its not fair.