UNE DPT 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aquaholicPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted to UNE in Portland Maine for the DPT program starting this fall 2018? I have decided that I will be attending and look forward to meeting everyone who will be attending.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been accepted to UNE in Portland Maine for the DPT program starting this fall 2018? I have decided that I will be attending and look forward to meeting everyone who will be attending.
Congrats!! I am still waiting to hear from them...haven't even heard about an interview yet so hopefully that means Im still in the running.

I am on a waitlist. I’m hoping I get a chance to attend this school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was put on the waitlist after having an interview in early November. I just got an acceptance offer today from them. I was accepted to my first choice school also so I'll probably be declining at UNE.

I was put on the waitlist after having an interview in early November. I just got an acceptance offer today from them. I was accepted to my first choice school also so I'll probably be declining at UNE.
Congratulations on your acceptance! I was also placed on a waitlist after interviewing early December. UNE is my first choice, do you mind sharing your stats?

Congratulations on your acceptance! I was also placed on a waitlist after interviewing early December. UNE is my first choice, do you mind sharing your stats?
Yeah of course! I hope you get into UNE, I'm almost positive I'll be declining my spot.

Undergrad: University of Southern Maine
Overall GPA: 3.46
Post Bach GPA: 3.85
GRE: Verbal- 158, Quant-156, AW-4.5

Observation Hours: 2500+ Outpatient, 20 Inpatient Rehab

Applying: BU, Simmons, MGHIHP, UNE, Wisconsin Madison, Winston Salem State, Rosalind Franklin,
Acceptances: BU, Simmons, MGHIHP
Waitlist: UNE
Interviews: Rosalind Franklin (Declined), UNE,
Rejected: Wisconsin Madison

Thanks a lot! Our GPA’s are very similar, my GRE is a little lower than yours and I don’t have as many hours as you do. I tried to get different setting, but being able to shadow at a hospital it’s almost impossible, so I only have outpatient in 3 different settings.
I’ll be crossing my fingers I get an accepted early in the cycle. I would hate to get an acceptance a month before classes start.

Thanks a lot! Our GPA’s are very similar, my GRE is a little lower than yours and I don’t have as many hours as you do. I tried to get different setting, but being able to shadow at a hospital it’s almost impossible, so I only have outpatient in 3 different settings.
I’ll be crossing my fingers I get an accepted early in the cycle. I would hate to get an acceptance a month before classes start.
Yeah keep your head up. Don’t feel bad about being waitlisted. I heard the waitlist moves a lot. I hope you get in to une!!

Hey guys, Congrats on your acceptances!
I have an interview coming up on March 2nd, just wondering if you guys had any insight on the interview process at UNE?

Thanks!

Hey guys, Congrats on your acceptances!
I have an interview coming up on March 2nd, just wondering if you guys had any insight on the interview process at UNE?

Thanks!
This interview is very laid back. They want to get to know you on a personal level so just be yourself. With my interview it was just a faculty member and myself. As for the rest of the day, you meet some of the other faculty, tour the campus, lunch was provided and They have an info session about the program and financial aid. My best advice is just be yourself and show that you want to be a pt and that you are passionate about it! They are very personal hence why I chose une over other programs. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Oh and if you have time there are tons of great restaurants in Portland. Portland lobster company, Gilbert’s chowder house to name a few.

This interview is very laid back. They want to get to know you on a personal level so just be yourself. With my interview it was just a faculty member and myself. As for the rest of the day, you meet some of the other faculty, tour the campus, lunch was provided and They have an info session about the program and financial aid. My best advice is just be yourself and show that you want to be a pt and that you are passionate about it! They are very personal hence why I chose une over other programs. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Oh and if you have time there are tons of great restaurants in Portland. Portland lobster company, Gilbert’s chowder house to name a few.

Thank you for all the information! I am glad it’s a one on one session! I feel like my group interviews in the past haven’t allowed the faculty get to know me!
I’m going up a little early so I will check those out for sure!

Another question, being that it’s later in the cycle do you think there are still spots open? It seems like a lot of people have interviewed thus far

Thank you for all the information! I am glad it’s a one on one session! I feel like my group interviews in the past haven’t allowed the faculty get to know me!
I’m going up a little early so I will check those out for sure!

Another question, being that it’s later in the cycle do you think there are still spots open? It seems like a lot of people have interviewed thus far
Yeah the interview process is very laid back. I wish I would’ve had more time. The whole thing lasted no more than 15 minutes. They interview 60 prospect students every session.
I don’t know how many spots they still have left, but many of us were put on their waitlist. Many here were pulled from that waitlist, but have declined because they have been accepted to other programs.
Good luck to you

Gotcha! Thanks again for the information, really appreciate it. Best of luck to you guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Gotcha! Thanks again for the information, really appreciate it. Best of luck to you guys!

UNE was my first and favorite interview. All of the professors and students were down to earth. If it wasn't for the total cost of attendance, it would have been my top choice.
During the interview, focus on talking about adaptability and your communication skills.

I just received my acceptance letter!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! I am very excited to attend UNE this fall.

Where are you moving from?

I am moving from Orlando Florida. From one extreme to the other hehehe.
Yeah seriously that’s crazy!! You will have to invest in some winter clothing lol. Do u think we should create a Facebook class page?

Yeah seriously that’s crazy!! You will have to invest in some winter clothing lol. Do u think we should create a Facebook class page?
Tell me about it! I don’t even own a decent winter coat or shoes.
The Facebook page is probably a good idea. I know many people create Facebook pages for their class and I’m sure there’s a couple more people in here attending UNE this fall.

Alright Awesome!! private message me your facebook profile and I will create the group. Looks like I have to add at least one person to create the group

Alright Awesome!! private message me your facebook profile and I will create the group. Looks like I have to add at least one person to create the group
Hi! I will also officially be going to UNE! If you could let me know how I should find the Facebook page that would be great!

Hi! I will also officially be going to UNE! If you could let me know how I should find the Facebook page that would be great!
I don’t think I can add you, but you can look it up by typing UNE DPT Class of 2021 and just ask to join.

Last edited:
Anyone on their waitlist had heard anything?

I have also accepted UNE this year , see you soon !

Hello! I have my interview on November 2nd! I was wondering if anyone could tell me what questions they asked and any tips you would have for me, thanks!

Congratulations on the interview/acceptance! I applied to UNE just last week so I’m assuming I won’t hear from them for a while. If you guys don’t mind can you please share your stats? Thank you!!