UNE Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RhinoDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview with the University of New England on September 18th and I was just wondering what to expect. This is my first grad scool interview so any insight into what questions to prepare for are definitely incouraged! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also interviewing there on September 18th! I have heard that it is very laid back and closed file so they are just trying to get to know you. People have said that it's more of a conversation than someone drilling you with questions. I would expect the obvious questions like why pt, why UNE/Portland? Maybe what qualities do you have that will make you a good physical therapist?

Reactions: 1 users
I am also interviewing there on September 18th! I have heard that it is very laid back and closed file so they are just trying to get to know you. People have said that it's more of a conversation than someone drilling you with questions. I would expect the obvious questions like why pt, why UNE/Portland? Maybe what qualities do you have that will make you a good physical therapist?

Hello! I have an interview with UNE on November 13th. Would you mind sharing your interview experience with me and other people who will be reading this thread? I very much appreciate it in advance. Best of luck!

Hello! I have an interview with UNE on November 13th. Would you mind sharing your interview experience with me and other people who will be reading this thread? I very much appreciate it in advance. Best of luck!
You do not have anything to worry about. The interview was very friendly and not intemedating in any way. They just want to get to know you. There is not questions about PT and no ethical stuff.
There used to be a writing sample but they no longer do that. Instead, they enacted a new interview process where there is 2 interviewers to one interviewee. Again nothing to worry about there! Just be yourself and have fun. I got accepted and did little prep

Reactions: 1 user
You do not have anything to worry about. The interview was very friendly and not intemedating in any way. They just want to get to know you. There is not questions about PT and no ethical stuff.
There used to be a writing sample but they no longer do that. Instead, they enacted a new interview process where there is 2 interviewers to one interviewee. Again nothing to worry about there! Just be yourself and have fun. I got accepted and did little prep
I have an interview at UNE November 13th as well! How long after your interview did they notify you of your acceptance?

I have an interview at UNE November 13th as well! How long after your interview did they notify you of your acceptance?
Goodluck @EaglesPT217! I was notified the thursday after my interview. It was a very quick and pleasent experience. I actually enjoyed the whole process!

Thank you @RhinoDPT, and congrats on your acceptance! I appreciate the adivce! Will you be attending there, or do you have more interviews?

how long after your application was verified did you get notified about an interview?

Thank you @RhinoDPT, and congrats on your acceptance! I appreciate the adivce! Will you be attending there, or do you have more interviews?
I have been accepted at 2 PT scools so far and just got back from another intreview the other day. It is going to be a tough decision. UNE really impressed me with how friendly both the students and staff were. So in short, it is very possible I will be attending UNE next fall!

Thanks for sharing your experience! UNE is my top pick. Im applying next cycle and hope to start Fall 2017! If you don't mind me asking...what where your stat's when you applied? I'm still taking pre-req's right now and don't feel too confident with my chemistry grade. I'm just trying to get a 'picture' of the student UNE wants to accept into their program. Thanks and CONGRATS!!!

I have been accepted at 2 PT scools so far and just got back from another intreview the other day. It is going to be a tough decision. UNE really impressed me with how friendly both the students and staff were. So in short, it is very possible I will be attending UNE next fall!
That's awesome! congrats! I have only heard great things about their program (minus the high tuition), so I am really hoping my interview goes well. Thank you for sharing :)

Members don't see this ad :)
how long after your application was verified did you get notified about an interview?
I applied on Sept. 27th. UNE received my GRE scores on Oct. 1st which is when I received an invitation to interview. I hope that helps!

Thanks for sharing your experience! UNE is my top pick. Im applying next cycle and hope to start Fall 2017! If you don't mind me asking...what where your stat's when you applied? I'm still taking pre-req's right now and don't feel too confident with my chemistry grade. I'm just trying to get a 'picture' of the student UNE wants to accept into their program. Thanks and CONGRATS!!!
My stats are:
cGPA: 3.60
sGPA: 3.95
pGPA: 3.80

GRE: Q-155 V-150 AW-4.0

I wish you the best of luck applying next semester!!

Last edited:
I will be attending the 11/13 interview as well!!! I received the invitation today....yay!

I will be attending the 11/13 interview as well!!! I received the invitation today....yay!
If you don't mind me asking, when did you first hear that they started reviewing your application?
I got an email 10/8 saying the received it. I received another email yesterday saying they confirmed my pre-reqs as completed and received the interview invitation today.

Reactions: 1 users

Congrats! Thanks for the information. Are you going to be attending there?

I got an email 10/8 saying the received it. I received another email yesterday saying they confirmed my pre-reqs as completed and received the interview invitation today.

I actually can't make it to the interview on the Nov 13th so am waiting for the next interview date. Hopefully there are enough seats available.

Just got invited to an interview at UNE for December 4th!

Received my notification for acceptance this morning :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
I'm also interviewing December 4th. I am so excited and really nervous. UNE is absolutely my top choice. Does anyone know if Dec 4th is their last interview date and how many spots they might have left?

I'm also interviewing December 4th. I am so excited and really nervous. UNE is absolutely my top choice. Does anyone know if Dec 4th is their last interview date and how many spots they might have left?
I was invited for an interview on 1/22 this morning, so there's at least one more date!

They won't disclose how many spots they have left.

Has anyone heard from the 12/4 interview yet? They made it sound like we would have heard last week

I was invited for an interview on 1/22 this morning, so there's at least one more date!

Hello! I was just curious when you ended up submitting your application to PTCAS. I submitted mine fairly late (10/31) and was verified a couple weeks later, so I was seeing where they were at as far as reviewing applicants!

Hello! I was just curious when you ended up submitting your application to PTCAS. I submitted mine fairly late (10/31) and was verified a couple weeks later, so I was seeing where they were at as far as reviewing applicants!
I designated UNE on 10/26. My application had been previously verified though!

Has anyone heard from the 12/4 interview yet? They made it sound like we would have heard last week

I interviewed on 12/4 at UNE and heard I was accepted via email this afternoon (12/14).

Was accepted this morning !! :spam: (I know this icon has nothing to do with being accepted, it just made me laugh when I saw it)

Hi all! I was invited to interview at the January 22 date. I have since been invited to interview on the same day at another school and am having trouble deciding what to do. The second school will not reschedule. UNE will let me go to the February 5th interview date instead, but I am worried that most spots will be filled by that time and don't want to decrease my chance at being accepted. UNE is my top choice out of the two schools, but I don't want to completely throw away the other option. Also, choice 2 is a cheaper program and where I attended for my undergrad... Any advice/ insight?? Thanks and congrats to those who have been accepted!

Hi all! I was invited to interview at the January 22 date. I have since been invited to interview on the same day at another school and am having trouble deciding what to do. The second school will not reschedule. UNE will let me go to the February 5th interview date instead, but I am worried that most spots will be filled by that time and don't want to decrease my chance at being accepted. UNE is my top choice out of the two schools, but I don't want to completely throw away the other option. Also, choice 2 is a cheaper program and where I attended for my undergrad... Any advice/ insight?? Thanks and congrats to those who have been accepted!
Have you interviewed anywhere else or received any other acceptances? If not it might be worth moving your UNE interview date so you can still have both options. Like other people have said, UNE really wants to accept people who have UNE as their top choice so as long as you convey that in your interview and you have good stats, then you have a really good shot of being accepted regardless of your interview date. I felt like a rambling idiot during my interview but I think what helped me was being able to explain to them that I was just really nervous because being accepted was so important to me.