-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNE Online Courses
Started by daniellec
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I can't give you any info on UNE's program, but I just started the one at MGH and it looks promising! You can still get in for this semester if you wanted toHi everyone! I sadly did not get in this cycle and am looking to improve my application for next year. Does anyone have any experience with the UNE courses, specifically the biochem? And does anyone know if MSU accepts them? Thanks!
Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Hi everyone! I sadly did not get in this cycle and am looking to improve my application for next year. Does anyone have any experience with the UNE courses, specifically the biochem? And does anyone know if MSU accepts them? Thanks!
THE OFFICIAL UNE ONLINE COURSE THREAD
That thread has a bunch of good info. I personally took Org 1, 2, and Biochem through them and can recommend the Biochem class. You can search my username on that thread for course reviews I posted for more detail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you have any interest in a particular school, you may want to check out the online course offerings at that university. No guarantee you'll get into any school, of course, but it can't hurt to put yourself in a situation where your work will be evaluated by someone who teaches prevet undergrads as well as actual DVM students. (Check out CSU and OSU - Oregon... not sure if Ohio State has online courses, but worth looking into!)
Before you enroll in and fork over money to any course, however, please call or email someone in the admissions office of your top choice school(s) and ask to get feedback on the course you want to take. Often this can be achieved by sending along a copy of the syllabus. You absolutely want to make sure that the admissions committee at the school of your choice will look favorably on the course you want to take so that you don't waste your money or your time.
Before you enroll in and fork over money to any course, however, please call or email someone in the admissions office of your top choice school(s) and ask to get feedback on the course you want to take. Often this can be achieved by sending along a copy of the syllabus. You absolutely want to make sure that the admissions committee at the school of your choice will look favorably on the course you want to take so that you don't waste your money or your time.
I was told by the MSU admissions counselor Donna Grooms that online biochem at UNE, UCBerk Extension, or University of Oregon would all count. Am currently taking the UC Berkeley class online. Was accepted to MSU this cycle, this is my last prereq.Hi everyone! I sadly did not get in this cycle and am looking to improve my application for next year. Does anyone have any experience with the UNE courses, specifically the biochem? And does anyone know if MSU accepts them? Thanks!
Yeah, my bad it was oregon state.When you say Oregon I assume you mean Oregon State not just Oregon?
I took online medical biochem last semester through UF. It was a weed out, rather difficult, class and challenging to take online. I originally looked at UNE but the syllabus wasn't up to par for TAMU to accept it. Double check with all schools you plan to apply with before investing in the course.
Hi friends! I am an American living abroad for... many years to come (millitary)! For lack of better words, I am chained to the Online World!
I have been trying to contact Texas A&M about their acceptance of online (especially that from Oregon State and UNE) courses. Does anyone know if they will accept Medical Biology I/II, Medical General Chemistry I/II, Microbiology, and Orgo I/II through UNE or any of the Chemistry courses through OSU? Otherwise, I intend on taking Biochem through Colorado State and anything else through NC State and Oklahoma State Independent Study.
Thanks dudes and dudettes!
I have been trying to contact Texas A&M about their acceptance of online (especially that from Oregon State and UNE) courses. Does anyone know if they will accept Medical Biology I/II, Medical General Chemistry I/II, Microbiology, and Orgo I/II through UNE or any of the Chemistry courses through OSU? Otherwise, I intend on taking Biochem through Colorado State and anything else through NC State and Oklahoma State Independent Study.
Thanks dudes and dudettes!
@bulls_eye18: I would be careful if you intend on going to TAMU. I had to take 3 online classes and upper science are harder to get approved. I didn't have biochem and tried to get UNE accepted. I was told no so I tried again with the syllabus for online medical biochem for university of Florida and that was deemed rigorous enough and was approved. I would email Yolanda directly with questions. Best!
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
Hi everyone! I sadly did not get in this cycle and am looking to improve my application for next year. Does anyone have any experience with the UNE courses, specifically the biochem? And does anyone know if MSU accepts them? Thanks!
Are you interested in just biochemistry or other courses?
Hii!! Almost done with Medical Biochem (chem 1005) right now with professor LeClair. If you have any questions or need anything let me know I can send you study guides, study tips etc. just PM me! 🙂
Hi! I plan on starting in a week. Do you mind sending me your materials? Thank you in advance!!
ksquared2018
New Member
Hii!! Almost done with Medical Biochem (chem 1005) right now with professor LeClair. If you have any questions or need anything let me know I can send you study guides, study tips etc. just PM me! 🙂
Hi I am looking to start the Biochemistry class in a few weeks. Would you mind sending me the materials? I have heard really mixed reviews about the class. Is an A doable?
I don't know if you are completely committed to UNE, but I would also consider Doane University with Beio through their Health Professions Online Prerequisites. He is a great instructor who I took ochem 1 and 2 with, and A's are very very doable in his classes.Hi I am looking to start the Biochemistry class in a few weeks. Would you mind sending me the materials? I have heard really mixed reviews about the class. Is an A doable?
Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you mind sending me some information? I need to take Orgo 2 next semester and would be interested in re-doing Orgo 1 for a better grade.I don't know if you are completely committed to UNE, but I would also consider Doane University with Beio through their Health Professions Online Prerequisites. He is a great instructor who I took ochem 1 and 2 with, and A's are very very doable in his classes.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Sure! Just private message me with any questions you have.Would you mind sending me some information? I need to take Orgo 2 next semester and would be interested in re-doing Orgo 1 for a better grade.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk