UNECOM Accept Space Available

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aau22

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone else on the accept space available list with me? I am gonna call tomorrow to try to get more info as my letter said it'd be ranked April 28. has anyone tried to call about it yet??

Members don't see this ad.

aau22 said:
Hey guys,

Anyone else on the accept space available list with me? I am gonna call tomorrow to try to get more info as my letter said it'd be ranked April 28. has anyone tried to call about it yet??

Yes, I'm there too! I was told to respond by April 28th if you want to be kept on the list, and that the Ad Com was meeting May 3rd to rank the list. I think we'll be getting an email after that date telling us approximately where we are on the list (percentage-wise). Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah guys. Thats the way its going to work. I am on the space available list too and have wanted to go to UNECOM since the beginning. I talked to Lisa Lane a while back and what she said was we had to reply by April 28th to let them know if we were still interested. I think the letter we received said they were meeting on the 28th to rank us but they are meeting May 3rd and we get a % rank. This means we are either in the top 10 percentile, 20th percentile, 30th and so on. It is meant to give us an idea of where we stand in their eyes and if we might get in this fall or not. Remember, we ARE accepted. Its not a waitlist but rather a lets see if we have space this year or not list. And its totally up in the air how much the list moves. Some years they exhaust the list and others, like last year, less than 6 move from it. I am guessing that there a quite a few from last year that are starting this fall because there wasnt room last year just based on what happened. So we might see a lot of movement or maybe just a little. But like I said, the ranking is just to give us a better idea of how likely we would be to get in this fall. Hope this helps.

redwings54 said:
Yeah guys. Thats the way its going to work. I am on the space available list too and have wanted to go to UNECOM since the beginning. I talked to Lisa Lane a while back and what she said was we had to reply by April 28th to let them know if we were still interested. I think the letter we received said they were meeting on the 28th to rank us but they are meeting May 3rd and we get a % rank. This means we are either in the top 10 percentile, 20th percentile, 30th and so on. It is meant to give us an idea of where we stand in their eyes and if we might get in this fall or not. Remember, we ARE accepted. Its not a waitlist but rather a lets see if we have space this year or not list. And its totally up in the air how much the list moves. Some years they exhaust the list and others, like last year, less than 6 move from it. I am guessing that there a quite a few from last year that are starting this fall because there wasnt room last year just based on what happened. So we might see a lot of movement or maybe just a little. But like I said, the ranking is just to give us a better idea of how likely we would be to get in this fall. Hope this helps.
Thanks for all the info Redwings. Any idea about how many people are actually on this list???

beachbunny said:
Thanks for all the info Redwings. Any idea about how many people are actually on this list???

I heard about 70 but I have no idea. I heard that number here so take it for what its worth. 70 seems high to me considering its only a class of 120 but it might be right. I bet we will find out on Wednesday or Thursday though. Have you heard from anywhere else or is UNECOM your number 1 also? Also, where you from? Dont be afraid to drop a note on the class of 2010 list on the osteopathic class thread. Take care.

redwings54 said:
I heard about 70 but I have no idea. I heard that number here so take it for what its worth. 70 seems high to me considering its only a class of 120 but it might be right. I bet we will find out on Wednesday or Thursday though. Have you heard from anywhere else or is UNECOM your number 1 also? Also, where you from? Dont be afraid to drop a note on the class of 2010 list on the osteopathic class thread. Take care.

Yes, tomorrow is the day! I'm eager to find out my "ranking" on this list. I interviewed at NYCOM as well about a month ago, but no word yet. I hear they are very backed up and even though we were told we would hear in about 4 weeks, it is looking to be much longer than that! I liked NYCOM, but I absolutely loved UNECOM. :love: It's an awesome school and I hope I'm there with you in the fall!!! The location is great, too. I'm from Cape Cod so UNECOM is not too far a drive from home, which is nice.

Good luck tomorrow Redwings!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Hi guys!

has anyone called to try to get info yet? I'm dying to know! Good luck to all of you guys!!! :)

aau22 said:
Hi guys!

has anyone called to try to get info yet? I'm dying to know! Good luck to all of you guys!!! :)

No, I haven't called yet today. Last I spoke with Lisa she said we would get an email with the percentage. I was just hoping I would get that email today, but I guess not :(

Ah man the waiting is killing me! I hope we hear something tomorrow...Hang in there guys. Maybe we'll get lucky and they will be pulling a lot from the list this year :)

No email yet....anyone else??? :confused:

Me either, but I figure I will give them a few days and then call on Monday if I havent gotten an email. Dont want to be a nusance. But the waiting does stink.

Maybe tomorrow they will get the emails out...Anybody call yet? I am trying to resist from calling them to bug them but I wanna know asap!

aau22 said:
Maybe tomorrow they will get the emails out...Anybody call yet? I am trying to resist from calling them to bug them but I wanna know asap!

Hey all...I'm from Boston and on the list too. Congrats to us! (2) things:

1) I know a 1st year student there and she said to not bug them but be patient, and if you can't, then come up with an excuse as to why you are calling them instead of calling cuz you are freakin out. Good excuse might be to bring up the biochem req. that we all got in the letter and to ask "if I have already taken biochem., then I'm ok, right?" or something along those lines

2) If we/I don't get off the list, DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF WE HAVE TO REAPPLY (AACOMAS, pay the $, fill out secondary, etc.)?

Good luck

Well, I broke down and gave the office a call today. They are waiting on signatures from a dean and will be sending out letters at the beginning of next week. It will tell us our percentage rank and maybe a little bit of other stuff. I am not sure about us needing to reapply this coming year, but I dont think we have to. There is someone on the class of 2010 that was on the accepted space available list last year so she might be able to help us out on that one. Anyway, hope everyone has a good Cinco de Mayo and a great weekend.
Later,
Rob