UNECOM acceptance rate from outside NE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qi Whiz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about how to get into UNECOM from outside New England? They say they accept some, but others say to forget it unless the applicant lives there NOW.

Members don't see this ad.

My interview was the first time I had ever been to Maine and my second time ever in new england and they accepted me. I told them I wanted to live in new england long-term (which is true) but I couldn't really provide any logical justification as to why. I got along really well my interviewers which was probably the more influential factor in my acceptance. I'm also from VA so if you have any more questions you can email me.
catherine

Hey - I got into UNECOM for the upcoming fall (and I'm going there) and I am from Michigan - which has its own DO school. I did, however, go to college on the east coast in Boston and I am interested in perhaps settling in the New England area which I told them during my interview. My grades aren't anything to brag about - I'm pretty much your average applicant. I will say that I was surprised I got into UNECOM because I was under the same impression that you have that UNECOM takes mostly from New England and out-of-state applicants should have something special about them or very high grades/MCAT - which I think I can safely say now is not true.

Best of luck to you!!