UNECOM and outside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UNE2009LMD

DocSmiles
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I know in med school, I'll be swamped with work but what do students at UNECOM do for fun? I know it's 90 min from Boston but what else is there? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hike and ski an hour away. Beach...good surfing or sun worshipping. Road bike...many nice ocean side roads with big shoulders. Mountain bike/trail run in Biddeford at Clifford Park...1/2 hour to excellent biking at Mt Aggie. Nordic skiing with 40 K of groomed 11 miles from campus.

Good resturants in kennebunk (federal jacks brewery is fun) and wells. Lots of good food in portland, several good venues for live music, Portland Museum of Art, dance clubs, martini bars, Portland SYmphony Orchestra, free live music in monument square on thursdays (toots and the maytalls, flaming lips, big bad voodoo daddys. A few examples of this years shows.).

12 am beers at Mulligans after many extra hours in the anatomy lab...delirious and strung out on formalin...stinking like carcass.

train and bus to boston from saco...FENWAY!!

Unfortunately your reality (unless you are brilliant or don't care about staying in school) will be study, study, study...then catch up on sleep and maybe a post exam cycle trip to portland for a nice meal and a late night bump and grind at Liquid Blue. :eek: You can make time if you are really good, but I find myself pretty beat down by the time my schedule conceeds an evening....that Mulligans thingn tends to happen with some regularity too.

Live it up now while you can!...stock up on warm clothes too florida!

You guys are helping my decision also..... thanks for questions and answers!
Yeh UNECOM! I'm a little scared to leave the warm weather but it sounds like it's not so bad afterall! I hear beach & surfing PLUS four seasons and I think... Yes, I could live there. :laugh: