UNECOM Class of 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSafur

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Just wondering who I will spend the next 2-4 yrs with. Also, did anyone get any housing info or financial aid package yet?

By the way, I think 1st day of classes are August 1st!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be seeing me alot in the near future then! I live here already (in Portland). I have received finaid info, sent it back, and am waiting to get my SAR. Haven't got any housing info or anything else yet though. Sent my transcripts. I heard the first day is Aug 1 also. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Yep, I got my financial aid info and filled out my fafsa. I already got my SAR, mailed the lender form (for my loans). I also got the advanced standing forms, but that's all the info I have gotten.
I made my 2nd deposit about a week ago, and called to confirm that they got it. They told me that the graduate and medical students affairs office should be sending housing and other info sometime during the next few weeks.
Anyway, hope to talk to some of ya guys soon.

By the way, I did get the match statistics for the school (I called clinical affairs)...

1st-3rd choice osteopathic, allopathic/military residency positions:

1997: 88.4%
1998: 93.2%
1999: 92.3%
2000: 93.7%

The above data is for people who were able to match at the top 3 positions (includes places such as UC Davis, Yale, Emory, UConn, Andrews AFB, UMass, Robert Wood Johnson/Kennedy Memorial, St. Vincent's (NY), MCP Hahnemann, Vanderbilt, Legacy Health, and Mayo Clinic to name a few).

For rotations info, the school eliminated the Ohio sites for next year. However, they are looking for some sites closer in the northeast.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tuition for 2001-2002 went up. It's now $27,690! Oh well, it's not like we can really do anything about it.

Still attending next year
redface.gif
)

I'll be heading up to UNECOM this summer if I don't get accepted to my state school - UMASS. Did you guys just get that huge packet re: computers, instruments, white coat ceremony, etc. etc...?
Have you looked for housing yet?
Do you know how long orientation is?

Hi,
I am an orientation leader for next year and to answer your question about the length of orientaion. We will be having pre-orientation type activities the weekend before school starts (July 28th and 29th), which aren't mandatory. These are like hiking, golfing, going shopping, etc (various different trips). Then, on monday and tuesday (July 30 and 31st), there will be the official orientation and classes will start August 1st. I hope that helps.
smile.gif

Thanks for the info!
Do you have an idea of when the decent housing - on/near the beach - is taken? I'm going up in 2 weeks to take a look...

Hey guys,I got my financial aid package today. I guess I'll have to take out an alternative loan! Is anyone else considering an alternative loan? If so, which would you go for?....

Maine Med Loan: interest rate= T bill +2.00%
Citibank: Interest rate = Prime+0.25%

Anyway, still gonna attend next fall. Now, have to start looking for housing.
redface.gif
)