UNECOM life

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markss22411

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my first acceptance to UNECOM and I'm pretty psyched. I liked the set-up of campus, and I know it doesn't have the highest % for passing the COMLEX (although they said they're updating the curriculum). Overall, I liked the school on my interview day, but I also wanted to see what others think of the school (especially those that currently attend). What is your favorite part of UNECOM? What is your least favorite part?

Can anyone comment on 3rd/4th year rotations as well?

Also, I hear Portland is the place for "night life". How far is it to Portland and what is the scene there?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on your acceptance. i am a second year student.

One of the most positive aspects of the school is the supportive environment from your peers and the faculty. Some medical schools are considerably more competitive and do not help each other. For example, you have heard that the curriculum is changing and that may account for the drop in pass rates; this is supported anecdotally. However, as a class we will email work and information around ourselves and form ad hoc communities to solve problems and plan. If you stay focused on the boards they will not be a problem. It is a lot of work, but any medical school will be.

As for a social life, Portland is fun at times but not too close to school and Biddeford is boring.

markss22411 said:
Hi,

Just got my first acceptance to UNECOM and I'm pretty psyched. I liked the set-up of campus, and I know it doesn't have the highest % for passing the COMLEX (although they said they're updating the curriculum). Overall, I liked the school on my interview day, but I also wanted to see what others think of the school (especially those that currently attend). What is your favorite part of UNECOM? What is your least favorite part?

Can anyone comment on 3rd/4th year rotations as well?

Also, I hear Portland is the place for "night life". How far is it to Portland and what is the scene there?

Thanks in advance.

Portland is about 1/2 hour away from Biddeford.

Third year is spent at a "core" site where you do your core rotations. Fourth year you set up your own rotations, which gives you some flexibility.

Wook