UNECOM - more information please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopefulpremed123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am an aspiring DO applicant from California this cycle. I’ve already applied to a bunch of schools and am considering adding just one more. Having Grown up in CA my whole life, the thought of leaving CA is a bit strange but I don’t mind it for my education.

IF not CA, I do have an interest in practicing in the New England area as I have a family member who is currently a cardiologist at Dartmouth.

Can someone speak to how different my time in Maine will be? I am not very party or

How conducive is UNECOM for matching into mid tier IM residencies in the New England area ( I heard this area is not favorable to DOs, so would going to UNE do anything in this regard?)

Members don't see this ad.

I would just apply, the first step is you have to actually be accepted to medical school. Matching into a mid-tier IM residency in New England will be hard- but going to UNE also probably won’t make a huge difference. What will make a difference is how well you do in medical school. The only school that would make a difference might be PCOM-PA.