UNECOM - more information please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hopefulpremed123

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone I am an aspiring DO applicant from California this cycle. I’ve already applied to a bunch of schools and am considering adding just one more. Having Grown up in CA my whole life, the thought of leaving CA is a bit strange but I don’t mind it for my education.

IF not CA, I do have an interest in practicing in the New England area as I have a family member who is currently a cardiologist at Dartmouth.

Can someone speak to how different my time in Maine will be? I am not very party or

How conducive is UNECOM for matching into mid tier IM residencies in the New England area ( I heard this area is not favorable to DOs, so would going to UNE do anything in this regard?)
 
I would just apply, the first step is you have to actually be accepted to medical school. Matching into a mid-tier IM residency in New England will be hard- but going to UNE also probably won’t make a huge difference. What will make a difference is how well you do in medical school. The only school that would make a difference might be PCOM-PA.