UNECOM waitilist situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

layla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just waitlisted at UNECOM after interviewing with them. Does anyone know what are the chances of being accepted after being placed on their waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

I was "accepted/space available" as they put it. And I called Lisa Lane the other day and she told me there has been NO movement whatsoever on the list as of yet. However, the deposit is due quite soon, and she expects some movement after that.

layla said:
I was just waitlisted at UNECOM after interviewing with them. Does anyone know what are the chances of being accepted after being placed on their waitlist?

Hi Layla... that must be difficult. I don't know if I would be calm if they put me on waiting list. But to be on the optimistic.. which you should be. Waiting list is an acceptance.

Also, with so many applicants from NY, PA, NJ applying to UNE cause of the proximity.. you have a good chance of these people being accepted to PCOM, NYCOM and NJCOM, will open up spots at UNECOM.

Don't worry too much about this untill summer comes around.
Also I would say if you grades, research or volunteer changes, you should keep the school updated.

BA

Members don't see this ad :)
Hang in there...there are several kids in my class that were excepted a few days before classes started. Dont give up hope yet.

Just wondering if anyone knows how long the space available list is, and if anyone has come off of the list yet. After speaking with James Gaffney it sounded like spots should be opening up soon, and the amount of time for accepted students to decide will decrease from 1 month to 2 weeks. Anyone heard anything?

Spoke to Lisa Lane on 2/15...she said no one has come off the list yet, but she expects there will be movement because deposit due dates are rolling around...she also said the list will be "ordered" around mid-march, and people can then begin asking exactly where they are on it. I have my fingers crossed...UNE was always my first choice.

I just applied to UNECOM, and received the secondary notice. However it stated that their class was almost full and that they couldn't guarrantee that my application would get looked at. Obviously, I didn't bother filling out the secondary, but I thought I'd pass that info to you. It does sound like they're finishing up their application cycle. If you don't hear something soon, I'd look elsewhere.

Khenon said:
I just applied to UNECOM, and received the secondary notice. However it stated that their class was almost full and that they couldn't guarrantee that my application would get looked at. Obviously, I didn't bother filling out the secondary, but I thought I'd pass that info to you. It does sound like they're finishing up their application cycle. If you don't hear something soon, I'd look elsewhere.

Yea, I got the same letter this week and when I called they asked me where I was from. She then told me they would only consider those from the new england area, and that the whole application process was coming to a close.

fuega

I was told this week that it is very unlikely more than a few spaces will become available and there are already over 75 people on the space available list. The list will be put into percentiles in March, and people will be notified of their percentile. Basically, they said don't be optimistic if you're on the space available list.

According to people I talked to at UNE, some years the space available list hardly moves, other years most of the class comes off the list. They can't say right now what will happen, but I heard that some accepted students are going and others have refused their spots. Let's not get to down about this until we hear something official from the school. They did say that New England residents will have priority for the space available ranking. It's going to be a long couple of weeks until we find out.