Unecom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does UNECOM give out automatic invites or something? I submitted my secondary at around 7 pm last night, and then at around 11 am this morning, I had an interview invite from them. They say they favorably reviewed my app, but isn't it too little time? Not that I'm complaining, but it's just weird. Oh well. I'll be there Nov. 30. I hear it's really pretty up there.

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea. That does seem really strange that they could have reviewed your application so quickly. But, maybe they had already decided based on the information from your primary that they wanted to interview you and were just waiting for the secondary to make it official. I can't imagine that they would give automatic invites because there are so many people applying to schools. Good luck on your interview!:luck:

Not strange. I submitted mine at 10:30am and heard back by 2:30pm. It means they really liked your app. Others have definitely waited longer. Congrats! It;'s a great school.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is unusual for most schools but it seems to happen to a few people. Congrats!
It could just be a sign that this school is really on top of it! :D

It definitly does seem like a good thing. I don't think my stats are that much higher than their averages, although I'm not sure how they review multiple MCAT's. so depending on how they do it, I'm either above or right around their averages. The even stranger thing is I don't even know if I had even paid my fee yet. I called to pay over hte phone iwth my credit card about 15 minutes before I checked my email. So it must have been done pretty quickly.

Actually, when I told my dad about teh interview, he thought i was joking because I just submitted last night. But no joke. I want to spend a few days there and eat some nice fresh lobster. That's the reason to go to Maine, right?

UNE does not give out secondary invites automatically. I think they're really trying to stay on top of it 'cuz they're a little behind due to their computer issues earlier in the app season. It seems they're getting an increase of applications every year. For the c/o 2010, there was about a 50% increase in applications. As of 9/1, there was a 40% increase in applications over that same period last year. While a vast majority DO get secondaries, a smaller number receive interviews. (as in something like 2500 secondaries and 475-500 interview spots for c/o 2010). They do anticipate doing the same number of interviews as last year.

Good luck.

yeah, I submitted mine on a sat night around 2 am (well really a sunday morning) and was sent an interview invote at 7 am on Monday. I know they didn't have my money yet becuase the mailbox i dropped it into doesn't even get picked up until 1pm.!

Marcia