Unfilled Path Residency Spots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As a competitive applicant, SDN nearly chased me out the field. :laugh: It definitely has an influence. I stuck with it though and I'm happy with the result :thumbup:

:(

My point was is that when the private practice job market was at its peak (the early to mid 90s) and pathologists controlled TC across the board, before quest and US labs got in on the AP side, before the pod labs, before the majority of private practices had all been sold to MBAs, the interest in pathology among was US med students was at its lowest. So there are other factors involved much more powerful that this website.

Members don't see this ad.

As a competitive applicant, SDN nearly chased me out the field. :laugh: It definitely has an influence.

Likewise. I still chose path, but those"OMG AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET A JOB" pangs still keep me up at night from time to time.

I have been somewhat concerned with things that I have read on SDN about the future of pathology but I went for it anyway. I absolutely love the field. I met a lot of great applicants on the interview trail this year. Maybe I lucked out if the applicant pool wasn't as competitive as it normally is... I was extremely pleased with my match :)