• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

MI48104doc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Visit site
Status
Does anyone know the stats on how many spots went unfilled after this year's SF match? I hear 25% were unmatched which seems higher than I expected.

USIMGgrad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Wow, 25% is high. I don't know about other programs but the program I matched in (NYMC-Westchester) filled all 3 spots.

Maybe others in this forum could post about there respective program filled/unfilled rate.

Ross_neuro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Status
THe breakdown came in the mail with confirmatory letter from sf match. I am in the hospital right now and don't have it on me, maybe later if I can find it, I'll put it on.

USIMGGRAD, how did you find out that all three were filled? Did you ask the residency coordinator at Westchester?

About the Ads

UCLA-Neuron

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2004
New Haven, CT
Status
There were 558 positions offered (both tiers) and 512 positions filled (both tiers.) So that's about a 92% fill rate.

Ross_neuro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Status
I matched at Norwalk Hospital in CT. It's like JFK in most respects. Small but not too small, great teaching, I'm doing an ICU rotation here and getting my ass kicked because I had such a crappy IM 3rd year rotation. I got good responses from the director so I chose to match rather than go with Flushing. I already know two people besides you in that program. And from what I understand, they prematched all but two.

About the Ads