Unfilled spots after SF match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MI48104doc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the stats on how many spots went unfilled after this year's SF match? I hear 25% were unmatched which seems higher than I expected.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, 25% is high. I don't know about other programs but the program I matched in (NYMC-Westchester) filled all 3 spots.

Maybe others in this forum could post about there respective program filled/unfilled rate.

THe breakdown came in the mail with confirmatory letter from sf match. I am in the hospital right now and don't have it on me, maybe later if I can find it, I'll put it on.

USIMGGRAD, how did you find out that all three were filled? Did you ask the residency coordinator at Westchester?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I asked the secretary. She said all filled.

RossNeuro:

Where did you match for PGY-1?

There were 558 positions offered (both tiers) and 512 positions filled (both tiers.) So that's about a 92% fill rate.

I matched at Norwalk Hospital in CT. It's like JFK in most respects. Small but not too small, great teaching, I'm doing an ICU rotation here and getting my ass kicked because I had such a crappy IM 3rd year rotation. I got good responses from the director so I chose to match rather than go with Flushing. I already know two people besides you in that program. And from what I understand, they prematched all but two.

so what I am gathering is that neuro isn't wide open like alot of people ahead of me say! :rolleyes: