Unfilled Spots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There are a few things you never say..."I told you so", "your Mom's hot" and "you must be one of those bitter residents". As a bitter resident myself, I feel particularly qualified to call your ass out. You have to realize that by shooting straight with you, this resident is putting himself at risk for punitive action. His motivation is one of justice, as he will ultimately be the one suffering when they don't match. Listen to yourself...you're going to back the program director and chairman's based on your assessment of their honesty? I just swallowed a morsel of puke. These two neutral parties who have no vested financial interest in filling? Filling with a team player like yourself? Let me guess...they were very impressed with you and promise to rank you quite highly? They brought you into their fold? You & honest Abe against the bitter underlings? Come on, man. This is a game with real currency. This "bitter resident" respects you enough to put himself in harms way & you side with your new pals? Good luck, doctor.

I guess I misspoke, I meant that everyone at Penn admitted that many residents were unhappy ('bitter' was unintentionally pejorative, although some seem to be self-applying the term). I considered it "honest" on the part of the faculty (and self-identified "happy" residents) to discuss that fact, because most programs would have tried to hide it, and Penn did not. Let me repeat: I have no idea what the problems are at Penn and who is at fault. And since I matched elsewhere, at this point I don't care.

Members don't see this ad.