Step II Unique situation - Step 2 CK advice

Started by Anti-PD1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anti-PD1

Brain/Spine/Nerves
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took a year off to do research. I haven't looked at an EKG in 2 years, done a pelvic exam in forever thank Jesus, or seen a well baby visit. I feel stupid af.

Recently took Step 1, 260, yay. Firecracker all the way.

I want to take Step 2 CK in about 1.5 months. What advice would you give? I crack open Step Up or MTB and it's like peeling my corneas. I can't stand it. Should I study by using Qbanks? I could rip through USMLERx in 2 weeks, then go through UWorld. I'm thinking Rx will force me to read everything all over again, save UWorld for actually testing my thinking, not wasting it on stuff I forgot 2 years ago etc.

At this point, Anki doesn't seem worth it. Unless there is a deck I can get through in 2 weeks or so...?
 
If you did that well on Step 1 then do the same thing for Step 2. I got pretty much the same score for Step 1 and what I found most difficult was finding motivation to study the material for Step 2 (since the majority of the material will essentially never be utilized not that it is much different than Step 1). I would just run through question banks. StepUp isn't too bad either. Good luck!!