Unit credit conversion question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hopefulwarbler2

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I attended the University of Guelph and am applying to vet school using VMCAS.
They require me to convert my credit units (0.5 and 1.00) to the semester/trimester/quarter credit system. VMCAS says “ check the back of your transcript for a conversion ratio, which will say something like “1 unit is equivalent to 4 semester hours””.

There is no conversion ratio at the back of my transcript. I called my registrar and VMCAS and have been bounced around to people who do not know the conversion.
I know this is a long shot but if any fellow University of Guelph students are on here and can help out that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!
🙂
 
I attended the University of Guelph and am applying to vet school using VMCAS.
They require me to convert my credit units (0.5 and 1.00) to the semester/trimester/quarter credit system. VMCAS says “ check the back of your transcript for a conversion ratio, which will say something like “1 unit is equivalent to 4 semester hours””.

There is no conversion ratio at the back of my transcript. I called my registrar and VMCAS and have been bounced around to people who do not know the conversion.
I know this is a long shot but if any fellow University of Guelph students are on here and can help out that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!
🙂
Can you try contacting the school you're applying to? They might be able to help, or they might know where you need to go to get your question answered.
 
I attended the University of Guelph and am applying to vet school using VMCAS.
They require me to convert my credit units (0.5 and 1.00) to the semester/trimester/quarter credit system. VMCAS says “ check the back of your transcript for a conversion ratio, which will say something like “1 unit is equivalent to 4 semester hours””.

There is no conversion ratio at the back of my transcript. I called my registrar and VMCAS and have been bounced around to people who do not know the conversion.
I know this is a long shot but if any fellow University of Guelph students are on here and can help out that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!
🙂

Hey, I also go to UofG and am having the same issue, was wondering if you figured it out? On the back of the transcript it says "Prior to Fall 1998: Semester credits may be calculated using one lecture hour or two laboratory hours per week as 1 semester credit." I don't know if this is the valid conversion to use and if so, I'm still so confused by it!

Thanks!