Unit Dose Packaging Machine Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scchang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First, let me say that I am not a pharmacist and I apologize in advance for any perceived intrusion into your forum. I am a physician looking for some information for a friend who is starting a nutraceutical business. I was hoping for some information on the unit dose packaging machine shown in the attachment. Would this machine be capable of packaging several different tablets in a single pouch automatically or would it be limited to a single tablet. My thought was that the correct tablets could be placed sequentially in the wheel and be sealed together. Alternatively, if the openings in the wheel were large enough, the correct combination of tablets could be placed in a single opening. If none of these are possible, any relevant advice on pouching/packaging solutions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• cadet.jpeg
    cadet.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 124
Yes, you can pack multiple, different pills in a single pouch provided that they all fit in the little oval holes on the top tray.

First, let me say that I am not a pharmacist and I apologize in advance for any perceived intrusion into your forum. I am a physician looking for some information for a friend who is starting a nutraceutical business. I was hoping for some information on the unit dose packaging machine shown in the attachment. Would this machine be capable of packaging several different tablets in a single pouch automatically or would it be limited to a single tablet. My thought was that the correct tablets could be placed sequentially in the wheel and be sealed together. Alternatively, if the openings in the wheel were large enough, the correct combination of tablets could be placed in a single opening. If none of these are possible, any relevant advice on pouching/packaging solutions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

My goodness...I have actually used that machine before. It's old and antiquated. And if tablets are large, it won't fit 3 into a slot. It's very slow..and the packaging isn't very pretty. And there has to be a person sitting next to the machine feeding the tablets into the slot as the wheel turns. I suggest you check out "Healthcare Logistics" company who has better unit dosing machines.