United Physicians: A Strong Union for Us All

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Please consider joining and supporting this group in taking back medicine and putting the patient-physician relationship at the center of what we do.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
From the site above:

UNITED PHYSICIANS is a novel physician association that uses today’s technology to create “participatory” instead of “representative” governance. All meetings are held openly, on the internet.

Every member will vote on every issue. Advocacy projects must be supported by at least two thirds of members to move forward. There are no delegates, no representatives, and no “board.”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Please consider joining and supporting this group in taking back medicine and putting the patient-physician relationship at the center of what we do.

Will they teach me plumbing and electrical too? I am a little weak in those areas.

Seems like another lame interest group lobbying for everything except the one thing we desperately need, any kind of free market reform.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
From talking to patients about it, it's apparently fun, rewarding, and popular.

Yep- One of my hobbies is restoring Woodie cars. I can do the mechanical, wood, and body work, but have hired out my welding. I may consider picking up that skill, as most of the auto welding is spot welds for floor pans and putting in patch sheet metal, thus the integrity of the weld is not critical.

Looking to pick up a 41 international Woodie that is a basket case. Those things usually take me about four years to complete, but they are pretty cool when you are done. Lots of router work required and patience; if you don't have patterns, you are in trouble.

Perhaps the physicians union could train me in welding so I could acquire that skill. If so, they would probably make me do "MOCA minutes" for severals years after training and bill me a few hundred bucks a year.

Reactions: 2 users