Units for Prereq classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abudara

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question

I am submitting a supplemental application for a school, and I have a lot of classes where the units of that class exceed the units of the school's requirement for the class. For example, my human anatomy, physiology, and both Chem courses are 5 semester units each, but for most schools they just require 4 units of each course.

My question is, when my GPA is calculated, do they count those classes as 5 units each, or just the schools requirement of 4 units each? I would imagine it would affect my GPA when comparing, for example, the 28 or 30 units of my prereq classes to 24 units of another students prerequisites

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, quick question

I am submitting a supplemental application for a school, and I have a lot of classes where the units of that class exceed the units of the school's requirement for the class. For example, my human anatomy, physiology, and both Chem courses are 5 semester units each, but for most schools they just require 4 units of each course.

My question is, when my GPA is calculated, do they count those classes as 5 units each, or just the schools requirement of 4 units each? I would imagine it would affect my GPA when comparing, for example, the 28 or 30 units of my prereq classes to 24 units of another students prerequisites

They should calculate your GPA according to the units on your transcript. I don't think there will be any issue as long as you aren't under the required number of hours for each class. I had several pre-reqs that were similar to what you are describing, and as far as I could tell there was no change or issue submitting when I put them into the supplemental application.