Univ Florida at Gainesville?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi,
I interviewed there in December. I thought it was a great program, the residents all seemed very friendly, and nice working atmosphere. They also have specialty sign outs and lots of bone pathology. Gainesville is very much a college town and everything is based around Univ. of Florida. Seemed like a good place to raise a family and not much heavy traffic. The area around the school was also very nice and many residents live within walking distance. They have a real cool small downtown area where college kids are studying, but very neat! Overall, I think they are a good program. If your significant other has any type of career that has to be in a larger city, I don't think this is the place for you. Otherwise, great place to go!!
 
With State Amendment 7 I think, maybe Amend 9, if you are found guilty on 3 charges of malpractice, you have your license permenantly revoked in FL. The problem is this will prevent you from getting a medical lic. anywhere else in the country. Also these "3 strikes" can all occur in a single case, the state, federal government and state med board all find you guilty thats it.

Yes, this is rare, yes this may not happen to you, heck for a pathology resident maybe one in 1000, but it has happened, why risk it?