Univ. of Florida MTM Masters: Any thoughts?

Started by CatSpam
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CatSpam

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am considering applying for the U of F MTM masters. I am trying to find out if anyone has attended or is going to attend and if they may have more information for me to help me determine if this if a reasonable thing to do.
 
I am considering applying for the U of F MTM masters. I am trying to find out if anyone has attended or is going to attend and if they may have more information for me to help me determine if this if a reasonable thing to do.

I think this will get more traffic in the main forum. I'll move it. 🙂


As to your question, I think you have to ask yourself why you want to get that masters. I'd never do it, but I got an MTM job with my residency experience. I don't know your background. Do you feel qualified to provide MTM? If not, maybe the masters program (or some other less costly training option) might be good for you.
 
From what I can tell this is more about training in the clinical aspects of MTM. That's all well and good but if you can't get paid, it doesn't really matter how much you know. Doesn't look like this program is heavy on the business aspect of MTM. I think a residency would be a much better place to get this education. I guess 24K is still cheaper than the money you "lose" by taking a resident's salary. But whoa, that's a lot of money on top of a PharmD.
 
From what I can tell this is more about training in the clinical aspects of MTM. That's all well and good but if you can't get paid, it doesn't really matter how much you know. Doesn't look like this program is heavy on the business aspect of MTM. I think a residency would be a much better place to get this education. I guess 24K is still cheaper than the money you "lose" by taking a resident's salary. But whoa, that's a lot of money on top of a PharmD.

👍

Whenever I hear all of the gloriousness surrounding MTM at my school, I come back with something like this. Reaction: 😵