Univ. of Maryland - Baltimore New PharmD. Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newmdp1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All... I've just been accepted at UMD and plan to start in August. Can anyone who has completed their first year give me their thoughts & wisdom regarding your experiences during the first year? I'm anxious to hear about the school and what I can expect. Any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

There is a P1 discussion thread where they discuss their experiences during the first year. It may not be specific to Maryland, but at least it will give you some insight.

newmdp1 said:
Hi All... I've just been accepted at UMD and plan to start in August. Can anyone who has completed their first year give me their thoughts & wisdom regarding your experiences during the first year? I'm anxious to hear about the school and what I can expect. Any tips?

If you post your acceptance in the roll call thread in the pre-pharmacy forum, I'll add you to the UMD list. :)

newmdp1 said:

I would go to the June welcome day tomorrow if you can. If you can't, no big deal, the orientation in August will give you lots of info. You will get all the info you need in these sessions. The students at UMD are generally very nice and there will be a lot of second and third year students around to answer all your questions. (There are a few people that think they are pharmacy school badasses. Ignore them.) I would recommend NOT buying the pharmacy drug cards they sell you in Aug/Sept. They are a waste of money. You don't have to know very much about the drugs in your first year anyway. I would also try to buy some of the books from second and third year students rather than the bookstore. The older editions of some of the required text books are fine. If you have a laptop, don't bother getting a new one unless you really want it. Almost any laptop will do. Other than that, relax. Enjoy life. The first year isn't that hard. PM me if you want more info.