Univ. of MD School of Pharmacy c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! My GPA was verified 12/9 hopefully I hear from them soon :)

Did you get an interview invitation yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone recently received an interview invitation?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invitation 1/5. My interview date is 2/12. I thought I had posted here lol

Are you waiting to hear back? I was super anxious waiting!

Yea I called them and they said my application was under review on 1/4. When did they receive your application and how long did they take to give you the invitation? Thanks for your reply! :)

Yea I called them and they said my application was under review on 1/4. When did they receive your application and how long did they take to give you the invitation? Thanks for your reply! :)
I got an email saying that my application was complete December 15th. Then the interview invite 1/5. They should email you soon cuz their first email says they'll notify you within 24 hrs of making a decision.

I got an email saying that my application was complete December 15th. Then the interview invite 1/5. They should email you soon cuz their first email says they'll notify you within 24 hrs of making a decision.

Yea hopefully... It did take sometime for them to give you the invitation tho (although UMD was on winter break). Thank you for sharing your info.

Yea hopefully... It did take sometime for them to give you the invitation tho (although UMD was on winter break). Thank you for sharing your info.
I was getting so worried then I looked at the holiday schedule and realized they were closed for a week and half lol!

As y0ssarian87 said, I am also a current student at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, so I can also answer questions as well! I would say I would hang tight if your application says that it is verified, the admissions committee is regularly reviewing students!

Reactions: 1 user
I am looking into housing options, and I remember the current students talking about how certain neighborhoods were better to live in than others. But I honestly don't remember which ones (my interview was back in December).

Can you recommend some safe, popular places to live? I would like to live close by as well since I might not even bring my car.

For those of you who already had interviews:

1. How did you prepare for the writing portion of the interview?
2. Was there any group interview where you have to cooperate with other interviewees?

Thank you! :)

I am looking into housing options, and I remember the current students talking about how certain neighborhoods were better to live in than others. But I honestly don't remember which ones (my interview was back in December).

Can you recommend some safe, popular places to live? I would like to live close by as well since I might not even bring my car.

^ I would really like to know answer to that as well haha. Going off of that, can anyone recommend a forum or somewhere to start looking for roommates? I would like to begin to look into housing but it'd be a tremendous help if I could solidify potential number of roommates first! Thank you!

For those of you who already had interviews:

1. How did you prepare for the writing portion of the interview?
2. Was there any group interview where you have to cooperate with other interviewees?

Thank you! :)

1) Don't worry about writing portion too much. 3 scenarios are given and you just have to back up which options you choose as the best answer and worst answer. If you've previously any had part-time job experiences, a lot of it should come from common customer service practice. Plenty of time to finish them too.
2) There was a group portion which I thought was the hardest because it was the least expected. You get into a group, must come up with a solution to a scenario, make a PPT, present it, and do Q&A in front of the panel. Most nerve-wrecking for me especially because my group was not prepared at all especially going against a group that gave a high-quality presentation but I think the intent of the activity is mostly to see what role you take in a group setting. Utilize the internet resource well during the preparation time, be well-knowledgeable about what makes a good presentation, and study some ethical scenarios for they could be the ones given to you.

Just an advice that may seem like common sense but.... Make sure to get there EARLYYYY because even though I got to the nearby area ~3 hours earlier, I ran into unexpected situations like parking in the wrong garage (Don't get confused between Lexington Garage and Lexington Market Garage), not having cash to pay at the actual garage with the discounted parking spots, etc.

Don't sweat it! You'll do fine :)

As y0ssarian87 said, I am also a current student at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, so I can also answer questions as well! I would say I would hang tight if your application says that it is verified, the admissions committee is regularly reviewing students!
When should I start looking for roommates and a place to stay? Is there any forum or a page where I can begin roommate searching?

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Don't worry about writing portion too much. 3 scenarios are given and you just have to back up which options you choose as the best answer and worst answer. If you've previously any had part-time job experiences, a lot of it should come from common customer service practice. Plenty of time to finish them too.
2) There was a group portion which I thought was the hardest because it was the least expected. You get into a group, must come up with a solution to a scenario, make a PPT, present it, and do Q&A in front of the panel. Most nerve-wrecking for me especially because my group was not prepared at all especially going against a group that gave a high-quality presentation but I think the intent of the activity is mostly to see what role you take in a group setting. Utilize the internet resource well during the preparation time, be well-knowledgeable about what makes a good presentation, and study some ethical scenarios for they could be the ones given to you.

Just an advice that may seem like common sense but.... Make sure to get there EARLYYYY because even though I got to the nearby area ~3 hours earlier, I ran into unexpected situations like parking in the wrong garage (Don't get confused between Lexington Garage and Lexington Market Garage), not having cash to pay at the actual garage with the discounted parking spots, etc.

Don't sweat it! You'll do fine :)

Thank you sooo much!! :) :)

For housing options and more detailed information on Maryland, kindly search for some posts I have made in this forum. I have gone into painstaking detail in the past.

When should I start looking for roommates and a place to stay? Is there any forum or a page where I can begin roommate searching?

Hello!

I would look for DrDrugs2012's post but I know my classmates in the past have found roommates via their class Facebook page, or through UMB off campus housing ads, found here http://cf.umaryland.edu/housing_ads/roommate-ads.cfm?Type=Roommate. I live on campus, and I have lived on campus since my first year! I would say once the majority of students get their acceptance letters (Spring) would be the best time to start looking for a roommate.

I applied back in October and still have not heard anything back. I payed the supplement fee as well back then. Should I be worried or contact the admission office or are they still making decisions for those applications?

This group is for the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy Class of 2020 for those who are accepted. Here you can start to get to know each other and post questions you may have.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/464919077048209/

Thanks haha I've been trying to make one but didn't know anyone for c/o 2020 to start the group with. I hope more people join so we can start getting to know each other! :D

I was getting so worried then I looked at the holiday schedule and realized they were closed for a week and half lol!

Hey have you heard back from UMB for 2/12 interview? I interviewed on that day also and haven't heard back anything :/

No, but the sheet they gave us says 2-3 weeks to hear back. I'm being patient lol

Okay thank you! I will be posting here if I hear back from them. Good luck to both of us!

I got in today at 2:30ish from 2/12 interview!

I applied really late, literally on the deadline and wanted to know how long does it take for UMD to reply with an email, that they are reviewing your application. My application is verified and other schools have replied to me. It's been close to two weeks and no email from Maryland yet.

I applied really late, literally on the deadline and wanted to know how long does it take for UMD to reply with an email, that they are reviewing your application. My application is verified and other schools have replied to me. It's been close to two weeks and no email from Maryland yet.
Same. I've heard back from other schools. Got my app verified on February 16th, got an email from Maryland saying they got it on 2/19. Emailed them yesterday and they said they are still reviewing the app, but I believe interviews run through April

Thank you so much for replying, I contacted them too and they said they receive mine. I was worried since I never got an email saying they received it.

Thank you so much for replying, I contacted them too and they said they receive mine. I was worried since I never got an email saying they received it.
Same. I've heard back from other schools. Got my app verified on February 16th, got an email from Maryland saying they got it on 2/19. Emailed them yesterday and they said they are still reviewing the app, but I believe interviews run through April
hey guys i am kinda new to this forum, I also submitted my application on the date line, I just receive an invitation for an interview earlier today. the only date they had was Friday April 29th. did you guys get anything today.

Hi , I have an interview at Maryland university this Friday . I'm so nervous about WRITING and GROUP WORKING part . Actually English is my second language . Can somebody help me to know important points about writing and group working ? Thanks .

hey guys i am kinda new to this forum, I also submitted my application on the date line, I just receive an invitation for an interview earlier today. the only date they had was Friday April 29th. did you guys get anything today.

Hey, yes that was the only date that they had too.

yes i got the same date as well

Got interview Friday 29th! Hi interviewees

Last edited:
Hey, for those interviewing on the 29th, did you get a confirmation email after you accepted the interview invite?

sticker name tags of interviewees on the left and on the right side were plastic name tags of interviewers. C'mon have some sense of respect for the people interviewing at your school who took great lengths to come here. I wore and pressed my suit. My sticker name tag would not stick to my shirt, kept falling off as I did my writing, and stick to the table. We paid $55 for the supplemental application, so I expected more in return, especially because it's situated in the northeast. The supp applic didnt ask for anything more that pharmcas had not already asked. more of way to make $. I mean you could have given us some light breakfast pastries and drinks as the interview started at 8:30 am. We smelled and saw a bunch of food for pharmacy students and staff that we weren't even invited too towards the end of the interview. That's awkward. I was tired and hungry towards the end. We had a tour of the school that wasn't even prepared. A girl just showed us around in her regular clothes and talked to us as if we were friends while we were in suits as if she just finished her exams and gave her opinions on such and such. Most of the interviewees were ready to leave as soon as the tour began but they were kinda polite about it and some wanted to briefly see the importance of the school, instead we just got yada yada. BTW, the tour wasn't part of interview but rather incorporated as an option because they had an open house that day.

What sucked was, we weren't guided to our interview stations. We don't know the architecture of your school! I looked at the floor plan on the wall, and I didn't even see where my room was, just a layout of floorplan. Here is your agenda and go find your spots. I was 5 mins late because of this. That Brammer lady just said those who don't have interview writing portion go out here follow me and everyone got up and left towards the elevator without checking for other people behind. its the northern attitude. i don't blame it but since yr up north, yr tech savy, smart, professional school, treat your candidates with some caring professionalism. I did like the group interview headed by the Pharmacist. He was really cool and nice, but he was in regular clothes so i thought he was a student. I also like the student interview. I felt I could connect with her. she was very professional and objective. asked good questions and was overall very pleasant to be around. I did not feel like she was from up north but rather had the dignity of southern hospitality. But to be honest, having a student from your school interview us seems strange and untrustworthy. I rather have faculty. the student interview could have been the third interview as safe measure but to have one faculty + one student, eh..The interview is most important process.

I did like the school's building though and architecture, I just felt it was too narrow. They didn't elaborate on the pharmacy curriculum and motivated us why we should go to their program. UMD needs to learn from other schools. This interview felt more of as a test and just walk out.

Encountered some black people who kept begging me for food. One women, one man, one white guy who said he didn't have ID to get work in Baltimore, one young black man. The night before, near Mt Vernon area, but below it, at the gas station, witnessed some black 6-7th graders trying to gang up on a black grandpa threatening him for some money. That was crazy. I felt scared for the guy and kinda for myself. This wasn't too close to the pharmacy school

My initial response to this school 10/10 or 9/10

now 8/10 7/10 more like 6-7/10 aww. I expected more out of this school and it bugs me because I know its a good school, just not the people leading it, specifically student affairs.

Last edited:
sticker name tags of interviewees on the left and on the right side were plastic name tags of interviewers. C'mon have some sense of respect for the people interviewing at your school who took great lengths to come here. I wore and pressed my suit. My sticker name tag would not stick to my shirt, kept falling off as I did my writing, and stick to the table. We paid $55 for the supplemental application, so I expected more in return, especially because it's situated in the northeast. The supp applic didnt ask for anything more that pharmcas had not already asked. more of way to make $. I mean you could have given us some light breakfast pastries and drinks as the interview started at 8:30 am. We smelled and saw a bunch of food for pharmacy students and staff that we weren't even invited too towards the end of the interview. That's awkward. I was tired and hungry towards the end. We had a tour of the school that wasn't even prepared. A girl just showed us around in her regular clothes and talked to us as if we were friends while we were in suits as if she just finished her exams and gave her opinions on such and such. Most of the interviewees were ready to leave as soon as the tour began but they were kinda polite about it and some wanted to briefly see the importance of the school, instead we just got yada yada. BTW, the tour wasn't part of interview but rather incorporated as an option because they had an open house that day.

What sucked was, we weren't guided to our interview stations. We don't know the architecture of your school! I looked at the floor plan on the wall, and I didn't even see where my room was, just a layout of floorplan. Here is your agenda and go find your spots. I was 5 mins late because of this. That Brammer lady just said those who don't have interview writing portion go out here follow me and everyone got up and left towards the elevator without checking for other people behind. its the northern attitude. i don't blame it but since yr up north, yr tech savy, smart, professional school, treat your candidates with some caring professionalism. I did like the group interview headed by the Pharmacist. He was really cool and nice, but he was in regular clothes so i thought he was a student. I also like the student interview. I felt I could connect with her. she was very professional and objective. asked good questions and was overall very pleasant to be around. I did not feel like she was from up north but rather had the dignity of southern hospitality. But to be honest, having a student from your school interview us seems strange and untrustworthy. I rather have faculty. the student interview could have been the third interview as safe measure but to have one faculty + one student, eh..The interview is most important process.

I did like the school's building though and architecture, I just felt it was too narrow. They didn't elaborate on the pharmacy curriculum and motivated us why we should go to their program. UMD needs to learn from other schools. This interview felt more of as a test and just walk out.

Encountered some black people who kept begging me for food. One women, one man, one white guy who said he didn't have ID to get work in Baltimore, one young black man. The night before, near Mt Vernon area, but below it, at the gas station, witnessed some black 6-7th graders trying to gang up on a black grandpa threatening him for some money. That was crazy. I felt scared for the guy and kinda for myself. This wasn't too close to the pharmacy school

now 8/10 7/10 more like 6-7/10 aww. I expected more out of this school and it bugs me because I know its a good school, just not the people leading it, specifically student affairs.

Yeesh, you sound like a nice bucket of sunshine. Sure, the interview process could use some improvement in terms of organization, but it wan't terrible. But honestly, your response makes me think that you could learn a thing or two about analyzing social situations.

Waitlisted yesterday (05/05/16). I was pretty bummed out, but also incredibly frustrated when the email I received said that there was no telling when I would be accepted or rejected, between now and AUGUST 22!! But today, I called and was told I was in the top 12 of people on the waitlist? No clue what that really means because the woman on the phone refused to tell me how many people were on the waitlist, but that I should "check back at the end of the month." Oof. I now have to pay a $1500 deposit at another school, and register/pay for classes they want to take this summer, all just in case I don't get into UMD. Super irritating, especially since I'm not rolling in dough, but UMD is absolutely my top choice.

Anyone else get waitlisted or have more insight on the process?

Waitlisted yesterday (05/05/16). I was pretty bummed out, but also incredibly frustrated when the email I received said that there was no telling when I would be accepted or rejected, between now and AUGUST 22!! But today, I called and was told I was in the top 12 of people on the waitlist? No clue what that really means because the woman on the phone refused to tell me how many people were on the waitlist, but that I should "check back at the end of the month." Oof. I now have to pay a $1500 deposit at another school, and register/pay for classes they want to take this summer, all just in case I don't get into UMD. Super irritating, especially since I'm not rolling in dough, but UMD is absolutely my top choice.

Anyone else get waitlisted or have more insight on the process?
i got waitlisted too so frustrating! i paid a $1000 dollar deposit for another school and i just got admission today from another school. i called and i was told i was in the top 35. What does that even mean and how long is this waitlist anyways? i guess we will never know.

i got waitlisted too so frustrating! i paid a $1000 dollar deposit for another school and i just got admission today from another school. i called and i was told i was in the top 35. What does that even mean and how long is this waitlist anyways? i guess we will never know.
what school accept u

Waitlisted, they said I am in the top 30

I think I am just going to give up on this school.
I got accepted to Creighton University and two other schools.

Hey guys, do you think they are wait listing for Baltimore campus? I heard they are trying to fill up shady grove spots. I think majority of us only put down Baltimore campus on our supplemental when we should have put down both Baltimore and shady grove campuses.

Last edited:
Hey guys, do you think they are wait listing for Baltimore campus? I heard they are trying to fill up shady grove spots. I think majority of us only put down Baltimore campus on our supplemental when we should have put down both Baltimore and shady grove campuses.
You know if there is a way to change it ??? For those ppl who really want to get into the program. LOL

Let me get this straight. You are complaining about a sticker nametag, the fact that a student was in normal clothing, they didn't feed you, inability to find your way around a building (even though it's pretty basic... 100 means 1st floor, 200 means 2nd floor... and the rooms are in numerical order), that the administration didn't hold your hand, that students (aka your future colleagues) interview applicants, and that you went to a rougher part of a city and encountered people who scared you.

I think you need to reevaluate what you are looking for in a school.

Reactions: 1 users
ACP & UMES they're both 3 year programs. and Maryland is the only 4 year program i applied to.
I accepted at ACP and UMSOP Shady grove but can't decide where to go. I would like to go to Baltimore campus so they put me on the wait-list but I won't know until august

Hi all,

I'm starting this thread for all individuals who are or may be interested in applying to the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy. I'm a current student, and I'd be happy to help answer some questions.

Best of luck!
Is there a Facebook group for class of 2020?