Univ. of NE Interview

Started by UDPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UDPT

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was recently invited to interview at the University of New England for entrance into the program. My interview is on Jan. 31st. Is there anyone who has interviewed there before with some insight on what to expect?
 
I was recently invited to interview at the University of New England for entrance into the program. My interview is on Jan. 31st. Is there anyone who has interviewed there before with some insight on what to expect?
I interviewed there last year, and it was by far my easiest interview. Very chill, my interview just seemed like a simple conversation. I wasn't drilled with questions like I was at other schools.

The interview was 1 on 1 with a professor. No group interviews to worry about.
 
I interviewed there last year, and it was by far my easiest interview. Very chill, my interview just seemed like a simple conversation. I wasn't drilled with questions like I was at other schools.

The interview was 1 on 1 with a professor. No group interviews to worry about.
I'm also interviewing in Jan with the University! they mentioned in their e-mail that there is a "writing sample" on the interview day, do you remember this when you interviewed?! how did you submit this "writing sample" and if you remember the question that was asked for the essay? Thank you for your help
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm also interviewing in Jan with the University! they mentioned in their e-mail that there is a "writing sample" on the interview day, do you remember this when you interviewed?! how did you submit this "writing sample" and if you remember the question that was asked for the essay? Thank you for your help
Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot about that.

Basically, there's 3 things you do on interview day. Your 1 on 1 interview, tour the school, and write your writing sample. They give you plenty of time to write it, (over an hour). I believe the prompt last year was "You just finished writing your autobiography. Please write us page 87" or something like that. Nothing too complicated, I think they just want to ensure that you are competent.