Universal Healthcare

I saw the Town Hall meeting in Colorado yesterday, and the cost of the new reform didn't seem too bad if it actually works out. He said 2/3 of the price can be taken care of by reducing unnecessary things, but he doesn't know where the other 1/3 of the money will come from. How could this turn into a disaster-by sending us into a further deficit?

Members don't see this ad.

I saw the Town Hall meeting in Colorado yesterday, and the cost of the new reform didn't seem too bad if it actually works out. He said 2/3 of the price can be taken care of by reducing unnecessary things, but he doesn't know where the other 1/3 of the money will come from. How could this turn into a disaster-by sending us into a further deficit?

You answered your own question.

Nothing ever goes as well as planned.

If you take your time and plan it out then why not? It just seems doable to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you take your time and plan it out then why not? It just seems doable to me.

Sure you can save money by reducing unnecessary things. But what is unnecessary? and how do we get whoever is ordering unnecessary things to stop ordering them? What if patients want these unnecessary things and get angry at doctors the gov, whoever when these unnecessary things are seemingly rationed? Are some unnecessary things treatments for easily preventable conditions which hing on patient compliance (taking meds correctly, eating healthy, quitting smoking, ect)?

This plan is not going to be carried out in a bubble. Some things will not go as smoothly as projected.

Plus understand he is trying to sell you his plan at these speaking events and will paint an extra rosy picture for us. Same as the opposition in their slamming of the plan will attempt to show it in the worst light possible.

There are a lot of people who idealize other countries' systems, like Michael Moore, but there's a PBS doc that pretty fairly assesses the good and bad in a couple of rich countries with different systems--it's called 'Sick Around the World' and it's not punchy or provocative, but it's helpful I think.

Our government can't even get the Cash for Clunkers program down...

What makes them think that they can control our healthcare?