University of Alabama (UAB) Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Has anyone who interviewed mid-August received a call yet? I'm curious if there's an order to the calls.
My interview was August 6th and I have not received a call.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder what order they call people in? If it's alphabetical I'll be waiting a while with my S name.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder what order they call people in? If it's alphabetical I'll be waiting a while with my S name.
I have no idea. What if they’re calling from most recent interview to earliest interview?

If that’s the case, then me too. If I remember correctly, we both had week 1 interviews
I was on Aug 3.
I also refuse to believe we have a thread full of people, except for one, who all get wait listed.

I was on Aug 3.
I also refuse to believe we have a thread full of people, except for one, who all get wait listed.
You're right that is hard to believe ... I sure do hope they are still making calls. Anyone who gets any updates please post! Good luck to everyone, the stress is eating me alive

• Care
I got the call yesterday at 8am EST! Both my first and last name start with A so it’s very possible they could be making more phone calls today. Good luck and I hope you guys get good news soon!

i just talked to someone (OOS) who interviewed after me and got accepted yesterday, I know another who interviewed before I did, and has not heard anything back. i interviewed in between them and have not heard anything back..... couinsident? idk at this point...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This might be early, but does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or Groupme made?

I interviewed on August 6th and haven't heard anything as well (OOS). I also accidentally missed one of the two interviews and completed this interview two weeks later, so I'm not sure if that's why I haven't heard anything back

This might be early, but does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or Groupme made?
Probably, but there's only one person who's posted here who could say for sure
I interviewed on August 6th and haven't heard anything as well (OOS). I also accidentally missed one of the two interviews and completed this interview two weeks later, so I'm not sure if that's why I haven't heard anything back
If they let you make it up I wouldn't think too much of it. We're all as blind as you right now.

I interviewed on August 3, which I'm pretty sure was the very first interview date, and have not heard anything too. I sent a letter of intent today so here's hoping that works. It's really discouraging that the early interviewers haven't heard anything.
hopefully, it is just chronologically.

I wish we could be told for how long they call or what the order is when Dec. 1. comes around.
Maybe tomorrow some of us will get one.

Has anyone who interviewed mid-August received a call yet? I'm curious if there's an order to the calls.
Idk if there is an order to the calls. I interviewed on September 14th I believe, and I got the call yesterday while doing dishes LMAO

Idk if there is an order to the calls. I interviewed on September 14th I believe, and I got the call yesterday while doing dishes LMAO
Where is your name alphabetically? I sense there's no order like that to the calls they have sent but you never know

Where is your name alphabetically? I sense there's no order like that to the calls they have sent but you never know
My last name starts with a W.

Anyone know of any calls made today?

Anyone know of any calls made today?
I was about to ask the same thing lol. I talked to my dentist today. He went to UAB, and he said they may be waiting on our final fall semester grades. He said a lot of his friends didn’t get a call until right after they submitted their final grades.

I was about to ask the same thing lol. I talked to my dentist today. He went to UAB, and he said they may be waiting on our final fall semester grades. He said a lot of his friends didn’t get a call until right after they submitted their final grades.
Damn you mean to tell me I'm agoing to have to actually finish my classes? I was hoping to just not do my final projects and take the L. 😂
Does your dentist know if they require people in a masters program to graduate or not?

Last edited:
Im
Damn you mean to tell me I'm agoing to have to actually finish my classes? I was hoping to just not do my final projects and take the L. 😂
Does your dentist know if they require people in a masters program to graduate or
I’m not really sure

Im

I’m not really sure
I really don't want to write 15 pages of analysis on a book. I really want to do no schoolwork for the next few months.

• Wow
from what I've seen from other people asking, you wouldn't have to finish your masters since you hold a bachelors degree. but it might depend on the school at the end of the day.
Does your dentist know if they require people in a masters program to graduate or not?

from what I've seen from other people asking, you wouldn't have to finish your masters since you hold a bachelors degree. but it might depend on the school at the end of the day.
Yes, and I have never seen anyone say for certain which way UAB goes. I can't exactly email and ask them either, I don't want to make that the reason they reject me 😂

Yes, and I have never seen anyone say for certain which way UAB goes. I can't exactly email and ask them either, I don't want to make that the reason they reject me 😂
yeah the most favorable scenario for you would have been to get accepted and then ask lol.

Just a PSA, there is now a Facebook page for the dental students accepted this round. There are only 11 members and I'm sure at least 1 is an admin, so don't lose hope!

Just a PSA, there is now a Facebook page for the dental students accepted this round. There are only 11 members and I'm sure at least 1 is an admin, so don't lose hope!
I'm not losing hope, but I am losing patience 😂
Thanks for that update

Hey there! Would you mind dropping the link for the Facebook page? Thank you so much!

So about 40 spots left
I believe there are 84 spots total. Also, it's important to note that the members in the group are just people who have been accepted, but that doesn't mean some won't change their mind and go somewhere else, opening more spots. I'm sure more of us will get calls after grades are posted for the semester or after the 30 day period for paying the deposit ends, Jan 1st (or around then)! I know someone who said several more people were accepted around that time last year.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if final grades are their criteria how long after posting they would call? My final grades came in today.

Does anyone know if final grades are their criteria how long after posting they would call? My final grades came in today.
Nah i heard from a friend they weren't sending more decisions till the end of next month. they make decisions based on your new grades though!