University of Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

titoincali

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd see if anyone could answer my question before emailing the University of Arizona program directly. The main UA psych residency program is the last one I'm really waiting to hear from. I've received interviews to the UA/UPHK and Banner Health which are both associated with the University of Arizona. No one has yet posted having an interview invite to the main program on the invite thread but according to last year's thread people received interviews in September. I looked at the UA psychiatry residency website and the ERAS information and there was no Program Coordinator listed. I guess my questions are:

1) I assumed the UA/UPHK and UA programs had a separate interview process. Could it be they are actually the same invitation?

2) If not, could they be waiting for MSPE reports this year?

3) If not, would it be obnoxious to email the program director directly to ask about the UA invite process/timeline since I am unable to find the program coordinator name?

I've kept myself relatively, outwardly sane and calm through this process but waiting for this last interview, especially now that it's November is starting to get to me!

Thanks for any help that comes my way!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can only answer one of your questions as I am not a med student or resident, but my husband applied to these programs and I believe the interview invites were all separate, even though they are affiliated with UA.

Hope this helps a little.

That definitely helps. I figured as much but wanted to make absolutely sure since I hadn't seen anyone post that they had received an interview there yet. Thanks!

i got an interview to banner/good sam only. hope this helps.