University of California, San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This thread has slowed down. Has anybody been accepted off the alternate list lately?
I've just been admitted off of the waitlist today at 5:45am.

Members don't see this ad.

Most likely. This is one of my 2 top schools. I'm on waitlist at USC, but I'm still working it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone,

I just have a question on the recommended prerequisites for admission. This was stated on the school's website "Applicants are also strongly encouraged to take upper division courses in biochemistry, physiology and cellular and molecular biology." I just wonder how many people here did or did not do these recommended courses. Did you get accepted? Do you think taking these courses affect your acceptance? Originally I plan to take these courses at a community college (which won't be upper division courses, but they are more affordable to me since I already graduated with a non-science degree/currently working on the science prerequisites to apply). Now I get worried that they clearly stated "upper division". I just wonder if it is an important determinant. Since if it is, I definitely will want to do it at a university to satisfy the upper division requirement. I hope to hear from you guys. Thank you so much in advance.

Hi Everyone,

I just have a question on the recommended prerequisites for admission. This was stated on the school's website "Applicants are also strongly encouraged to take upper division courses in biochemistry, physiology and cellular and molecular biology." I just wonder how many people here did or did not do these recommended courses. Did you get accepted? Do you think taking these courses affect your acceptance? Originally I plan to take these courses at a community college (which won't be upper division courses, but they are more affordable to me since I already graduated with a non-science degree/currently working on the science prerequisites to apply). Now I get worried that they clearly stated "upper division". I just wonder if it is an important determinant. Since if it is, I definitely will want to do it at a university to satisfy the upper division requirement. I hope to hear from you guys. Thank you so much in advance.

You should try calling the school and talk to Ms. Tracy Cruz because the last time I talked to her she said they recommend university courses than community college courses.

Thank you annster for your response. I believe she is out of the office last week so I will try again this week.

So anyone from the alt. list hear anything yet? I'm guessing around the common acceptance date is when they send additional offers. Wait listed at both UCSD and UCSF :lame:

do you mind telling me your stats?

Hi everyone,

So I'm planning to apply next year (only finished 1 year of pharmacy). Just wondering- what's the average gpa of most applicants? I know it will be very tough to get in...but I wanted a general idea of what I'm up against. Currently have a 3.9 (with extracurriculars and a pharmacy tech job) so I'm trying to see what my chances.
Thank you!

Hi everyone,

So I'm planning to apply next year (only finished 1 year of pharmacy). Just wondering- what's the average gpa of most applicants? I know it will be very tough to get in...but I wanted a general idea of what I'm up against. Currently have a 3.9 (with extracurriculars and a pharmacy tech job) so I'm trying to see what my chances.
Thank you!
Website states GPA 3.6-3.7. Your GPA should be good. http://pharmacy.ucsd.edu/prospective/admissions-reqs.shtml

Last edited: