University of California San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got in!!! (my letter was sent to right outside san francisco, for anyone wondering)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys! I almost gave up on it!!! this means soooo much to me!

Can't wait to meet you guys all! :D

Thanks guys! I almost gave up on it!!! this means soooo much to me!

Can't wait to meet you guys all! :D

CONGRATS PATHOLOGY! I'm glad your wait is finally over! I'm in Socal so hopefully tomorrow.. :xf:

Congratulations to all those who heard news today and previously, I'm really happy for you all!!:) I'm in SD and I'm still waiting, but hopefully I hear some good news tomorrow !!:xf:

Congratulations to all those who heard news today and previously, I'm really happy for you all!!:) I'm in SD and I'm still waiting, but hopefully I hear some good news tomorrow !!:xf:

Congratulation to everyone! I'm also in SD and waiting...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from SoCal and I just got my letter.

I've been waitlisted. :(

They haven't ranked it yet... so we'll see.

I still have hope!! :luck::xf:

Good luck to everyone else!!!

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted, especially monkieez, Pathology, and RMgBr! You guys have been checking for a long time and I'm sure the wait was worth it! You guys deserve it and I know how much you worked for it. I'm happy for you all!

I got my letter and have been placed on the waitlist. I'm not bummed. Still holding out hope that I can join you guys in the class of 2015 =) Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted, especially monkieez, Pathology, and RMgBr! You guys have been checking for a long time and I'm sure the wait was worth it! You guys deserve it and I know how much you worked for it. I'm happy for you all!

I got my letter and have been placed on the waitlist. I'm not bummed. Still holding out hope that I can join you guys in the class of 2015 =) Best of luck to everyone!

Thank you.

:xf::luck: really hope you guys will join soon!!!

JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER! I was so excited my dad told me to calm down.

Anyone knows if economics which is one of the pre-req can be taken as P/NP? Actually the deadline for me to change grade option is tomorrow. SO i really appreciate for a quick and certain answer. Thanks guys!

I got the acceptance letter yesterday. Oddly, I'm not excited at all.:slap:

Thank you so much YLuckyGreeny. :D finally I can sleep at night! :)

haha~ do you actually know the answer of my question? I'm taking econ now. I'm wondering if I can take P/NP. mostly likely I can't. But just want to make sure. thank!

haha~ do you actually know the answer of my question? I'm taking econ now. I'm wondering if I can take P/NP. mostly likely I can't. But just want to make sure. thank!

I am not 100% sure, but if I were you, I would not do it. (I will just take the grade instead of N/NP)
As long as you get a C, they can't do anything about it, and at this point, we don't have to worry about GPA, right? as long as accumulative is 2.8 above and pass all the classes that we are currently taking.

I would not take the risk, but you know, you can always ask Joel on his blog!
:)

Anyone knows if economics which is one of the pre-req can be taken as P/NP? Actually the deadline for me to change grade option is tomorrow. SO i really appreciate for a quick and certain answer. Thanks guys!

I'm pretty sure that you have to take all pre-reqs as letter grades... So that's what I was told.

Quick Question.

I know we need to submit a schedule-change form if our class schedule (or plan) changes. but...Change from the first info we put on pharmCAS? Or from academic update?

Thanks in advance!

Well the verdict is in and I was denied an acceptance offer.

Maybe I'll see some of you after we finish our four years of school!

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

-RxHalo

Quick Question.

I know we need to submit a schedule-change form if our class schedule (or plan) changes. but...Change from the first info we put on pharmCAS? Or from academic update?

Thanks in advance!

I think it's change from the academic update. But not 100% sure. I already emailed him my course-change a few days ago. Haven't heard anything yet.

are we required to submit a deposit if we get accepted?

Well the verdict is in and I was denied an acceptance offer.

Maybe I'll see some of you after we finish our four years of school!

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

-RxHalo

:(:(:( I am sorry....
Good luck to you RxHalo....

Also received my denial letter today :( Congrats to everyone who got in though, happy for you!

:(:(:( I am sorry....
Good luck to you RxHalo....

Thanks Pathology. I was bummed but also happy that I did get an acceptance to WesternU this morning....so it's been a mixed day. I believe everything happens for a reason. I'm really looking forward to starting this next adventure in my life but for me, the adventure won't take place in SF.

Best of luck to you as well. UCSF is a great program and I know you're gonna have an amazing time during the next 4 years!;)

I'm from SoCal and I just got my letter.

I've been waitlisted. :(

They haven't ranked it yet... so we'll see.

I still have hope!! :luck::xf:

Good luck to everyone else!!!

I did too. So we gotta wait another month and a half. Maybe longer. Last year, they found out their rankings in June. June sounds so far away...

Congrats! I can't wait to meet you guys! If your campus tour guide took you to the basement dungeon, we've already met. :D

I received my acceptance a few days ago!!!!!!:D:D:D Congratulations Class of 2015!

Hey everyone, is there anyway to see how your PharmCAS application was before you did your academic update? I changed some courses around for the academic update, and I was just going to put these changes on my UCSF course schedule change form just to be safe, but I can't see if there's anyway to find it.

Hey everyone, is there anyway to see how your PharmCAS application was before you did your academic update? I changed some courses around for the academic update, and I was just going to put these changes on my UCSF course schedule change form just to be safe, but I can't see if there's anyway to find it.

I asked Joel on his blog whether we need to report schedules changes from academic update or the very first schedule we submitted on pharmCAS. Hopefully, he will answer it on Monday so we can email him the form Monday night. It kinda looks like they are asking for the changes AFTER the academic update though. I think the main purpose for this is to prevent anyone from dropping required prereqs, and if someone did, they want to find out before summer starts so those people can go to community college or somewhere else to take those courses...

I asked Joel on his blog whether we need to report schedules changes from academic update or the very first schedule we submitted on pharmCAS. Hopefully, he will answer it on Monday so we can email him the form Monday night. It kinda looks like they are asking for the changes AFTER the academic update though. I think the main purpose for this is to prevent anyone from dropping required prereqs, and if someone did, they want to find out before summer starts so those people can go to community college or somewhere else to take those courses...

Just for anyone thinking about submitting these course changes, it took me about 3 to 4 days to get a response.

Just for anyone thinking about submitting these course changes, it took me about 3 to 4 days to get a response.

Ladnar, Did you ended up reporting the changes from academic update? or the one before? Thanks!

Ladnar, Did you ended up reporting the changes from academic update? or the one before? Thanks!

Hey, sorry pathology, I've been away for a few days. I reported changes from the first PharmCAS that I submitted, not the academic update. Apparently it doesn't really matter, because I see that other people submitted changes since the academic update.

Hey, sorry pathology, I've been away for a few days. I reported changes from the first PharmCAS that I submitted, not the academic update. Apparently it doesn't really matter, because I see that other people submitted changes since the academic update.

No problemo. Thanks! :)
Yea I also have submitted change since the academic update. :)
Yea, I think as long as they know what we are taking and not taking, we should be fine I think!

Just wondering, does anyone know if the school will send out confirmation when they get all our necessary forms?