University of Charleston School of pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpsjulia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've received an invitation from University of Charleston, WV. I've been searching for some info on this school but I gave up.
Does anyone familiar with this school and their pharmacy program?
Are their pharmacy program new? They are not even included in the Naplex and MPJE pass rate list and pharmacy school ratings. In some websites, it says that their pharmacy program is online.
Does anyone have any clue???

Members don't see this ad.

I just had an interview with the University of Charleston this weekend and the school, although housed in only one building, was very impressive. They currently have candidate status with their first class graduating this May. Their average class size is 75 and their mission is to educate students with an emphasis and commitment to rural community pharmacy. Here is a link to their site http://pharmacy.ucwv.edu/

The interview was pretty laid back this weekend. I was dumbfounded when they asked us certain ethical questions. I really couldnt believe what they were asking(keep in mind, we are asked not to disclose the questions), but it really challenged the outreaches of your mind at times. However, on a more positive note, it seemed to be a really nice school, I expect them to have the accreditation once there first class graduates. I really dont see accreditation as a problem with this school, as it has been creating a buzz around WV for the past few years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alot of their stuff is online. You take exams and what not online. These are proctored. You ask me how? Well, they take a attendance in the classroom, you arent there or dont have your laptop, you fail. Case in point, someone thought they could cheat the system and take the exam at home while everyone else took the exam in class, needless to say, they arent on campus anymore. NAPLEX hasnt been recorded because the first class hasnt graduated yet, thus, no one has taken the NAPLEX exam yet.:thumbup:

The first class will graduate May 2, 2010; the school has been in existaence since 2006. We are not eligible for full accreditation until after graduation. The preaccreditation visit isste for April 13-14.

Hey guys, I also had my interview for Charleston almost a month ago, on Feb. 13. I was wondering did anybody get a decision from them yet? Any acceptances? I haven't heard anything yet regarding my status, and I'm really anxious about when they will be making decisions. If others have any information on the time frame it takes or actually heard from Charleston, please let me know. It's so nerve-racking! I want to call their office and ask, but I don't want to seem desperate or annoying.

I had an interview there about a month ago too and have yet to hear anything from them. I was already accepted to a school that I interviewed with two weeks later so I'm not too worried about it though. I think they said 4-6 weeks when I was there.

I got invite for an interview at UC too... anything I should do to prepare for the interview guys?

go to the sdn interview feedback section. there is a lot of helpful information on there about charleston interviews.

http://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/reo/1764923103.html

Friend of mine is trying to sell his place and we need him to because he's trying to move in with us, and if he doesn't, then another classmate and I have to move out! Help us out! If you're looking for a place to live or know someone who is, go to the link! Thank you!

The school actually has full accredited status now. We just got the news today. I am fourth year pharmacy student there (currently on my rotations) and absolutely love this school. Send me message if you had any questions I will be more than happy to answer them.

Can we change the day of interview?? I got an interview invitation on Dec 10 or 17 and both of the day i can't go....can i reschedule or i have to miss Charleston this year?? Anyone knows?
:scared:

I interviewed on December 17, 2010 but I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone else who interviewed in December heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on December 17, 2010 but I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone else who interviewed in December heard anything?
Got email, they said my application is still under review, *oak!!!

I just got the email today too. They said my file is still under review and that if I haven't heard anything from them by Feb 7th to contact them! Wow, they are taking their time! I want to know already! Eek!

I just got the email today too. They said my file is still under review and that if I haven't heard anything from them by Feb 7th to contact them! Wow, they are taking their time! I want to know already! Eek!
Lolz, some of the commitees are still on vacation :D i guess! BTW, i was on Dec 17th too. I might know you!

I just received and interview from this school at the last minute and I am scheduled for Jan. 28th. Are there any current students on here that would be able to give me some advice about this school and their interview process?

I have a subpar PCAT score and only an average GPA so I really want my interview to go well. I have only ~50th percentile on the PCAT because I didn't get to study for the math or chemistry sections at all due to having a son during my final year of school. On the sections I did study for I had 80th percentile or higher but only got like 30's in the sections I didn't review. I forgot a lot of stupid little things like nomenclature, etc. but I did get A's in all of my chemistry coursework so they must have taken that into account.

What types of questions should I expect? I don't need exact questions but I would like to have an idea for what I should prepare for. I get extremely nervous during any type of speaking so I don't want to freeze up on a question I haven't even thought about.

Also, what are some of the features of this pharmacy program? What type of pharmacists are they trying to produce? Preference to students in retail, clinical, etc.?

I just got an interview invite today via phone on Friday. My interview date is Feb 12th.

Still.....i'm still waiting........The feeling is super suck.....!:scared:

I got an e-mail saying I was accepted on Tuesday! Has anyone else heard back yet?

Thanks! I'm actually still waiting to hear back from WVU. They aren't making any decisions until they have our fall grades & PharmCAS is being really slow. I was really impressed with UC when I had my interview though. Their facilities are so nice and I love those mannequins.

I thought the interview questions that they asked were fun and challenging. There was no student that interview me, only two faculty member, and it was only one interview. Did anyone thought this was weird?

I got my acceptance today through email!!! :laugh:
Congrats! i got email said i got declined:oops:....lolz don't know why i'm not feeling sad about this....just kinda disapointed (cuz it is maybe a bad sign for my upcoming 2 interviews). God, please stay with me in other interviews!:scared:

Congrats! i got email said i got declined:oops:....lolz don't know why i'm not feeling sad about this....just kinda disapointed (cuz it is maybe a bad sign for my upcoming 2 interviews). God, please stay with me in other interviews!:scared:
Hopefully it is a sign that you need to come to Ole Miss! I hope you do well there. Remember, Just be yourself (your best self) and answer honestly but practice the questions I gave you on the other post with someone... a friend or family member. that's what I did.:xf:

Do anyone of you guys/gals who applied, know about the apartments at U.C? When I went for the interview, it seems like the rents around the area are pretty cheap (under 500 with utilities except for internet/cable tv). I also got information that the apartments there are shared, I don't know if that means you get one room in a four room apartments or what. Anyone have other info on this?

Was interviewed on the 11th and heard back yesterday or so. The faculty seemed super nice and the facility was impressive. I like the school, but I'm not sure if I can really commit before I go to my other interviews.

I'm mostly just worried about getting a job after graduating and the drive to the rotations. Apartments do appear cheap though off campus, which is a nice bonus.

I interviewed on the 22nd of January and still haven't heard. I bugged the admission staff a few days ago and they told me that I was still "under review". Anyone from the jan 22nd interview hear anything back yet?

I interviewed the 22nd & have been accepted.

I interviewed on February 12th and found that I was accepted on March 3rd. Unfortunately I didn't know that I was accepted until today (March 9th) because the email went directly to my spam folder. Check your email carefully!

Anyone else still waiting for a decision from Charleston? I interviewed back in January and have been getting email updates every month since saying my file is still under review. I keep telling myself "patience is a virtue..."

Just be patient...I was an alternate too and got in.

Umm...interview in January....placed on hold list/alternate list....reviewed again after all interviews were finished I believe...accepted in May (a handful of my classmates got an acceptance e-mail wrongfully as they sent too many), then placed back on alternate list for 2 more weeks until I got in again. Yeah....it was rough, but we're on rotations now! Great school, great faculty, great environment here!

U know u can reschedule to the 11th Nov. Just ask Stacie

Yeah I know. I actually rescheduled to that day at first, but another school wanted me to interview that day so I scheduled back to December 9th.

when did u guys get the interview invitation? I'm still waiting :(

hey i have an interview for december 9th also.. can anyone who interviewed there before describe the process for me please... thanks...

Anyone else have interview on the 10th? I scheduled mine on the 10th because its the earliest I could requested off from work on the day I got the interview email.

I am also schedule on the 10th. I hope to see you there and Good Luck to Everyone!! Super Excited:)

Does anyone know where to go to explore, where to eat, and what areas are safe?

I just got accepted, but will decline cos i got my first choice