University of Colorado v Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cefafm

Reaction score
I need to decide quickly -- specifically I have 4 days, but would like to be able to give them an answer on Monday. I want to be a GP or internist, so primary medicine.

Colorado
Pros
  • Close to family​
  • Cheap (~100k less in tuition)​
  • Accepted into the rural program, which is a great opportunity​
  • Top 10 in primary medicine​
Cons
  • Higher cost of living
  • Have not been able to get a feel for the culture
  • Have heard some negative reviews

Creighton
Pros
  • New area
  • Great culture
  • Lower cost of living
Cons
  • Further from family and friends
  • More expensive
  • Ranked lower

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Colorado 1000%
Money, family, prestige
The only reason I'm tentative is because of the Name and Shame reddit forum earlier this year. But, I know they are remodeling the first two years, so not sure how similar my year would be or if those issues will be corrected

The only reason I'm tentative is because of the Name and Shame reddit forum earlier this year. But, I know they are remodeling the first two years, so not sure how similar my year would be or if those issues will be corrected
Take the neurotic premeds with a grain of salt. Colorado is an amazing T30 school and will set you up for success—definitely more than Creighton. And believe me, Omaha is not that great haha

Take the neurotic premeds with a grain of salt. Colorado is an amazing T30 school and will set you up for success—definitely more than Creighton. And believe me, Omaha is not that great haha
That's great to hear. Definitely had me worried, and was the main (only) reason I was hesitant

100k cheaper, better reputation, more resources, closer to support network. Easy choice for Colorado.