University of Florida COP c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aless

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw no one created this thread, and since Early Admissions' deadline is approaching, this could help quite a few people.
I'm applying for Early Decision (haven't submitted but will soon), did anyone have already submitted theirs? When do you usually get an invitation for interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw no one created this thread, and since Early Admissions' deadline is approaching, this could help quite a few people.
I'm applying for Early Decision (haven't submitted but will soon), did anyone have already submitted theirs? When do you usually get an invitation for interview?
I've submitted to PharmCAS and have been verified. Still working on my supplemental app (finishing up today), taking the PCAT on 9/9. Im also applying for early decision. I'm assuming that they won't be taking very long to reach out to people for interviews, since the two ED interview days are 9/30 and 10/7.

Although I didn't do early admission, I've submitted and been verified. I've also completed the supplemental application. Just playing the waiting game right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my application (did all 3 parts, PharmCAS, additional essays, and application to UF)
Let's see what happens I'm very excited!

PCAT - 97th percentile
GPA - Overall 3.77
Almost 2 years of experience as a pharm tech (state registered/ nationally certified)

how about you guys?
Also if any UF COP student is seeing this thread, can you tell us how you like the school, tips/advices etc. ??? Tips for the interview?

Last edited:
I just got my e-mail for an interview!!! :D

Im not early decision but I've started my application UF is my number one choice and I am hopeful that I will get in. Plus im an In-State student thats in my last year at Florida Atlantic University for a BA in Biology

I just received my acceptance in my e-mail! So excited!!!!!!!!!

I just received my acceptance in my e-mail! So excited!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! Can you please let us know about what interview questions you were asked? And how was the whole process?

Still haven't heard anything back yet... has anyone else heard anything that didn't apply for early admission?

I was invited for an interview 11/4. I am a Florida resident and applied for regular admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last Thursday.
So I just called Marybeth and apparently they sent me my invite last Thursday but it didn't go to my email for some reason but I got an invite! See you there biochemist :)

I applied ED and got accepted into the program! I'm going to post my stats and some info just to help out below:
My stats were as follows:
GPA 3.7
PCAT 91st percentile
~ 2 years of pharmacy experience
Several leadership positions
I wrote and edited my PHARMCAS essay within a two week time period, and basically just wrote my supplemental app replies in one shot and had my friend review them and give me some tips.
The interview was surprisingly chill. Don't stress too much over it, but at the same time prepare adequately. The interview questions were pretty basic (just Google pharmacy school mock interview questions and they're quite similar). The whole purpose of the interview is to get to know you off paper. If you were invited for an interview, you're obviously qualified to go to UF COP. They already know what's on your application and just want to get a feel for your personality.
Also, working as a team is very very important to them since the new curriculum is all team-based learning. Keep this in mind during interview day.

Best of luck to you all and hope to see you next year!

Thanks so much for the info elli12! My stats are very similar! My GPA was 3.8, PCAT: 89, ~ 2 years pharmacy experience, several leadership positions. I'm super scared about the interview though in regards they'll ask me something I have no clue about.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks so much for the info elli12! My stats are very similar! My GPA was 3.8, PCAT: 89, ~ 2 years pharmacy experience, several leadership positions. I'm super scared about the interview though in regards they'll ask me something I have no clue about.

Actually, my interviewer said if they asked a question I didn't know the answer to, I could just let him know and he would move on! Thankfully that didn't happen but it was nice to have the option :)

Actually, my interviewer said if they asked a question I didn't know the answer to, I could just let him know and he would move on! Thankfully that didn't happen but it was nice to have the option :)

Wow that's really nice! Hopefully I get that option as well. Did you only have one interviewer and how long did the interview last for you? Are you able to tell me how many questions they asked you? If not it's okay :) congrats on your acceptance by the way!!

Wow that's really nice! Hopefully I get that option as well. Did you only have one interviewer and how long did the interview last for you? Are you able to tell me how many questions they asked you? If not it's okay :) congrats on your acceptance by the way!!

You will have two interviewers. My interviewers were two professors and they were really nice! I'm told all of the interviewers were very nice though so don't worry about getting a mean one, haha. The interview was around 20 minutes long, and to be honest I can't remember around how many questions they asked. Unfortunately, I feel it would be unfair to let people know the interview questions in advance, but if you just Google mock interview questions or look them up on a career center page, they're quite similar! I did a mock interview at my school's career center and I feel it really helped to prepare me. Good luck!

You will have two interviewers. My interviewers were two professors and they were really nice! I'm told all of the interviewers were very nice though so don't worry about getting a mean one, haha. The interview was around 20 minutes long, and to be honest I can't remember around how many questions they asked. Unfortunately, I feel it would be unfair to let people know the interview questions in advance, but if you just Google mock interview questions or look them up on a career center page, they're quite similar! I did a mock interview at my school's career center and I feel it really helped to prepare me. Good luck!

How long did it take til you got your acceptance after the interview?

I'm also applying for Fall admissions for 2017 and have finished all my applications. I just retook my PCAT this past week. I was wondering if it would be okay if I call up the admissions committee to ask where I am at along the process? What do you all think?

I'm also applying for Fall admissions for 2017 and have finished all my applications. I just retook my PCAT this past week. I was wondering if it would be okay if I call up the admissions committee to ask where I am at along the process? What do you all think?
It can't hurt

Just got my acceptance from UF :)

I have an interview coming up on 11/28!! Super excited but very nervous because I tend to choke up in interviews... The gainsville campus is my preference. PCAT composite 90, Science GPA 3.25, and 1.5 years of pharmacy experience.

I just got a personal phone call from my interviewer congratulating me on my acceptance. Does everyone get a call?

Hi everyone!
I'm taking the PCAT in january, and haven't sent in my pharmcas yet. Just waiting on the LOR's.
Do you think it might be too late for me to apply?
I have a 3.35 overall gpa, 3 years as a tech at CVS, and volunteering at the hospital for the past 3 months.
I am a florida resident, double majoring in Biology and Neuroscience at FAU.
I would love to get some opinions on whether or not I should still apply this late. I'm currently studying for the PCAT with Dr. collins hoping I can get a competitive score.
Thanks!!

I have an interview coming up on 11/28!! Super excited but very nervous because I tend to choke up in interviews... The Gainesville campus is my preference. PCAT composite 90, Science GPA 3.25, and 1.5 years of pharmacy experience.
How much time passed between your pharmcas verification and the interview invite?

Hello everyone! Has anyone here received an invitation for an interview during the past few weeks?

I actually did! I have my interview this Friday! I applied way in September but didn't get verified till November =)

Still waiting to hear the final decision after the interview day. So anxious!

Good luck! I'm pretty sure that once you interview you're in. I'm not sure that anyone has heard anything from them this week.

Congrats!!! Aside from early decision, has anyone been interviewed for orlando? Seems like just Gainesville people, not sure if they review apps based on your first choice.

Congrats!!! Aside from early decision, has anyone been interviewed for orlando? Seems like just Gainesville people, not sure if they review apps based on your first choice.

I didn't do early admission and I got accepted for Orlando campus. It was my first choice.

but you applied really early, right? I don't think anyone has recently interviewed for orlando, but I may be wrong.

I submitted my supplemental application 2 weekends ago. what has been everyone's experience with the turn around between submitting the application (all three parts) and getting any kind of notification?