University of Hawaii?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esposo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find anything about their medicine program. Has anyone heard anything about UH? I know their peds program was ripped on scutwork. Is their medicine program the same way? I can already see one drawback to its program in that it lacks fellowships. Can anyone else comment or share what they heard about the program.

Members don't see this ad.

esposo said:
I did a search and couldn't find anything about their medicine program. Has anyone heard anything about UH? I know their peds program was ripped on scutwork. Is their medicine program the same way? I can already see one drawback to its program in that it lacks fellowships. Can anyone else comment or share what they heard about the program.

dude, it's in Hawai'i ... what more you want to know about it????

retroviridae said:
dude, it's in Hawai'i ... what more you want to know about it????

Yeah dude, you never work. All you do is surf and sip Mai Tais all due to the fact that it's in Hawaii.

:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
2 of the OB-GYNs I used to work with did their residency in Hawaii. They said it was hard work but they saw great pathology because of the isolation...had to keep it all on the island, so to speak. They also both said that even though it was residency and residency sucks, on your days off the only question of concern was "Which beach do I sleep on today?"
Tempting.
Good luck,
lisa

novacek88 said:
Yeah dude, you never work. All you do is surf and sip Mai Tais all due to the fact that it's in Hawaii.

:rolleyes:

esposo said:

I guess I should give a serious answer ... I knew a guy who did his MD at Madison (UW) and IM residency at U. Hawai'i (he was from Hawai'i). He then went on and got an A&I residency at National Jewish ... which is pretty damm good if you ask me. He liked the program ... a lot.